    please befor I either dont bother and get my money back or possibly invest
    in anothe video card that worked fine on my CRT monitor.

    Thanks

    ted_radioham, Jan 6, 2006

  2. ted_radioham

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    ted_radioham wrote:
    > Yesterday purchased a Medion 17 Monitor from Aldi, My PC is home assembled
    > with Gforce mx2/400 graphics card about 3 years old. I hve set the monitor
    > up and set it to max resolution which is 10280 x 1024 75 htz. If I view most
    > webpages I view the whole page on screen, however some pages such as BBC or
    > the Times page only cover about 75 percent of the screen horizontally. I
    > have downloaded and updated the lates video card driver and installed the
    > Medion driver from the CD provided. I was even forced to phone the helpdesk
    > at Medion (I never do this ever ) Needless to say after spending loads of
    > time at 7p per minute the so called Tech guy could not give me anymore info.
    > Total usless, he only said must be a software problem ?. Anyone any ideas
    > please befor I either dont bother and get my money back or possibly invest
    > in anothe video card that worked fine on my CRT monitor.

    There is nothing wrong with either your monitor, or your video card.
    It is just the way those pages are coded.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jan 6, 2006

  3. ted_radioham

    ted_radioham Guest

    Well if I view the page that pages that do not display on the new monitor on
    my second pc with it's 17 inch CRT the page ia full size in the same
    resolution as the new one ?, so there is obviously a problem but I am unable
    to see where ?..

    ted_radioham, Jan 6, 2006
  4. ted_radioham

    ted_radioham Guest

    On reflection it could be correct as you say, I am used to viewing in
    800x600 on my old 17 inch CRT I was not thinking logically. Guess old age
    creeping up. Thanks for making me re-think.

    ted_radioham, Jan 6, 2006