    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Jan 20, 2012

  3. RichA

    DanP Guest

    Oly will make an even better one in 10 years and you'll be sorry for buying the OM-D ;).

    DanP

    DanP, Jan 22, 2012
  4. > Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
    > one will be along shortly.
    >
    > BugBear

    There was a chap who used to post here just like that. I don't know
    whether he ever bought a camera!

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 23, 2012
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jan 23, 5:23 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    > Rich wrote:
    >
    > > Can't.  The OM-D is on the horizon!

    > Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
    > one will be along shortly.
    >
    >   BugBear

    Hardly. I just resist buying a new one on the manufacturer's time-
    frame. Do you buy a new body everytime one is superceded?

    RichA, Jan 23, 2012
  6. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Jan 23, 5:23 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>
    >> > Can't.  The OM-D is on the horizon!

    >> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
    >> one will be along shortly.
    >>
    >>   BugBear

    >Hardly. I just resist buying a new one on the manufacturer's time-
    >frame. Do you buy a new body everytime one is superceded?

    Lots of people do. Plus, lots of people pre-order them, even before
    they have been officially announced.

    Before anyone concludes I'm being critical, I'm just as guilty as
    anyone. Lat year, I pre-ordered an SLR Magic 12mm f/1.6 lens for m43
    mount, and I have recently pre-ordered a Leica M10 body.

    Bruce, Jan 23, 2012
  7. David Dyer-Bennet, Jan 23, 2012
  8. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/23/2012 2:52 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
    > bugbear<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes:
    >
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>

    >>> Can't. The OM-D is on the horizon!

    >> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
    >> one will be along shortly.

    > The best time to buy a new computer is six months from now!

    Is it six months from now, yet?

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jan 23, 2012
  9. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jan 23, 8:53 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:

    > >> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
    > >> one will be along shortly.

    > >>   BugBear

    > >Hardly.  I just resist buying a new one on the manufacturer's time-
    > >frame.  Do you buy a new body everytime one is superceded?

    > Lots of people do.  Plus, lots of people pre-order them, even before
    > they have been officially announced.

    Too many problems with new models, better to wait for other victims to
    find them. Especially with serious problems like Fuji's 2/3" sensor
    blooming where they can't afford a recall so will produce a crappy
    patch via firmware while the owner is basically F------.

    RichA, Jan 24, 2012
  10. PeterN <> writes:

    > On 1/23/2012 2:52 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
    >> bugbear<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes:

    >>> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
    >>> one will be along shortly.

    >> The best time to buy a new computer is six months from now!

    > Is it six months from now, yet?

    No, not yet. Six more months.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jan 24, 2012
  11. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:50:53 -0600, David Dyer-Bennet <>
    wrote:

    >PeterN <> writes:

    >>> The best time to buy a new computer is six months from now!

    >> Is it six months from now, yet?

    >No, not yet. Six more months.

    As my grandmother used to say, "Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, but never
    jam today."

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 24, 2012