Probably no solution to this...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TJ, Sep 26, 2008.

  1. TJ

    TJ Guest

    §ñühwØ£f wrote:

    > We finally caved in an got DSL. The modem/router is a westell 327W14
    > with wireless capability.

    > In BeOS cant get to hotmail or aol to do https login for
    > webmail. In yahoo, I can.

    That statement makes no sense. BeOS is an operating system, Yahoo is not.

    > running BeOS with firefox and "user agent
    > switcher"...before on dialup I could login to aohell and snotmail, no
    > problems. Borrowing moms vista laptop I could though.
    > Any ideas?

    Yeah. Run an operating system that wasn't abandoned by it's creators when
    they went tits-up back in 2001. :)

    TJ, Sep 26, 2008

  2. We finally caved in an got DSL. The modem/router is a westell 327W14 with
    wireless capability.
    In BeOS cant get to hotmail or aol to do https login for
    webmail. In yahoo, I can. running BeOS with firefox and "user agent

    §ñühwØ£f, Sep 26, 2008

  3. TJ wrote:

    > §ñühwØ£f wrote:
    >
    >> We finally caved in an got DSL. The modem/router is a westell
    >> 327W14 with wireless capability.

    >> In BeOS cant get to hotmail or aol to do https login for
    >> webmail. In yahoo, I can.

    > That statement makes no sense. BeOS is an operating system,
    > Yahoo is not.

    Yes, it does. He can do webmail at Yahoo but not Hotmail or AOL.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 26, 2008
  4. TJ

    Storm Guest

    §ñühwØ£f wrote:

    > We finally caved in an got DSL. The modem/router is a westell 327W14 with
    > wireless capability.
    > In BeOS cant get to hotmail or aol to do https login for
    > webmail. In yahoo, I can. running BeOS with firefox and "user agent
    > switcher"...before on dialup I could login to aohell and snotmail, no
    > problems. Borrowing moms vista laptop I could though.
    > Any ideas?

    Yes, ditch BeOS and get Slack! I've tried lots of distro's and finally
    stayed with Slackware. It rocks.

    HTH

    Storm, Sep 26, 2008
  5. TJ

    John Holmes Guest

    richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:17:35 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>We finally caved in an got DSL. The modem/router is a westell 327W14

    with
    >>wireless capability.
    >>In BeOS cant get to hotmail or aol to do https login for
    >>webmail. In yahoo, I can. running BeOS with firefox and "user agent
    >>switcher"...before on dialup I could login to aohell and snotmail, no
    >>problems. Borrowing moms vista laptop I could though.
    >>Any ideas?

    > Install Linux

    He'd be far better out with DOS.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 26, 2008
  6. TJ

    thanatoid Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >>> In BeOS cant get to hotmail or aol to do https login for
    >>> webmail. In yahoo, I can. running BeOS with firefox and
    >>> "user agent switcher"...before on dialup I could login to
    >>> aohell and snotmail,

    >> no
    >>> problems. Borrowing moms vista laptop I could though.
    >>> Any ideas?

    No ideas, but a question. Why is a person intelligent enough to
    use BeOS use AOL, hotmail, or yahoo?

    >> Yes, ditch BeOS and get Slack! I've tried lots of distro's
    >> and finally stayed with Slackware. It rocks.

    Get a POP mail account or at worst, a gmail account, which can
    be setup easily to work as a POP acct. Webmail is for morons.

    --
    Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the
    votes decide everything.

    thanatoid, Sep 27, 2008
  7. On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 03:42:17 +0000, thanatoid aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in
    >
    > <SNIP>

    >>> no

    > No ideas, but a question. Why is a person intelligent enough to
    > use BeOS use AOL, hotmail, or yahoo?

    Free is free, eh?

    >>> Yes, ditch BeOS and get Slack! I've tried lots of distro's
    >>> and finally stayed with Slackware. It rocks.

    > Get a POP mail account or at worst, a gmail account, which can
    > be setup easily to work as a POP acct. Webmail is for morons.

    I caved in and used a puppy linux live cd.
    THe networking stack in BeOS is slightly b0rk3n.
    Google "BONE for BeOS" some time to see the issues involved.
    Its also slower than one would expect given its broadband over ethernet.
    Gonna have to do a lotta patching on this.

    §ñühwØ£f, Sep 27, 2008