    under $20 a month, no 3 months in advance payment, and no minimum
    subscription period. Then please could you post it here.

    Thanks

    Flintstone, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Flintstone

    MaHogany Guest

    On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:23:37 +1300, Flintstone wrote:

    > Do you have to be a Telstraclear customer previously to be able to sign
    > up for their Internet access? All I need is dial up, and their prices
    > seem ok.

    No. So long as you have a working telephone connection into your house.

    Ma Hogany

    --
    "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    fries with that, if prompted."

    MaHogany, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Flintstone

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-10-15, Flintstone <> wrote:
    > Do you have to be a Telstraclear customer previously to be able to sign
    > up for their Internet access? All I need is dial up, and their prices
    > seem ok.
    >
    > Or if someone knows of an isp where you get dial up (unlimited) for
    > under $20 a month, no 3 months in advance payment, and no minimum
    > subscription period. Then please could you post it here.
    >
    > Thanks

    Freenet wants 2 or 3 months paid in advance to join, but it's only 10
    bucks a month if you go over 3G they limit your access (limit access hours,
    firewall p2p) till the next month. their usenet server is running
    leafnode (which sucks, but gives delayed aceess to newsgroups from the
    TC newsserver). 5 email boxes/addresses (4 you can change, one fixed)

    In the contract it says if you stop using it (or use less than 1 hour per
    month) they wont bill you.

    The service is reasonably reliable (~4 down days this year), live support
    is via an 0900 number, email support is free.

    if you use p2p heavily or need timely usenet I wouldn't reccomend it.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Oct 16, 2006