    wholesale changes and not simply just minor editing comments?

    --
    Spin
    Spin, Mar 31, 2008

  2. Spin

    NotMe Guest

    "Spin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | Gurus,
    |
    | Running Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional on Windows XP Pro SP2. I've opened
    | PDF sent to me by another person and I want to edit it. I want to replace
    | certain words but all I can do is make a strikethrough and annotate a
    | comment. I though the Pro version of Adobe Acrobat would allow me to make
    | wholesale changes and not simply just minor editing comments?

    The copy I have requires me to click on the typewriter in the tool bar then
    click on the space I want to edit.

    If there is a better way I'd like to know.
    NotMe, Mar 31, 2008

  3. Spin

    MJP Guest

    "Spin" <> wrote in message
    > Gurus,
    >
    > Running Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional on Windows XP Pro SP2. I've opened
    > a PDF sent to me by another person and I want to edit it. I want to
    > replace certain words but all I can do is make a strikethrough and
    > annotate a comment. I though the Pro version of Adobe Acrobat would allow
    > me to make wholesale changes and not simply just minor editing comments?
    >
    > --
    > Spin

    Is the PDF file you received an editable document?, or has it been created
    as an image?

    It depends on how the document was created as to what editing options will
    be available in the PDF file.

    MJP
    MJP, Mar 31, 2008
  4. Spin

    Spin Guest

    "MJP" <> wrote in message
    > Is the PDF file you received an editable document?, or has it been created
    > as an image?
    >
    > It depends on how the document was created as to what editing options will
    > be available in the PDF file.
    >
    > MJP

    How do I tell if the PDF file I received is an editable document versus
    created as an image?
    Spin, Mar 31, 2008
  5. Spin

    MJP Guest

    "Spin" <> wrote in message
    > "MJP" <> wrote in message
    >> Is the PDF file you received an editable document?, or has it been
    >> created as an image?
    >>
    >> It depends on how the document was created as to what editing options
    >> will be available in the PDF file.
    >>
    >> MJP

    > How do I tell if the PDF file I received is an editable document versus
    > created as an image?

    If you're viewing a PDF file , and don't know which kind of file it is, use
    the find feature to locate a word that you know is there to see if Adobe
    Acrobat can recognize it. If not, you're looking at an image.

    From the menu select paper capture, to carry out OCR. The exact method
    varies slightly with different versions of acrobat.

    MJP
    MJP, Mar 31, 2008
  6. Re: Pro version of Adobe Acrobat doesn't allow me to replace wordsin PDF documents

    Spin wrote:
    > Gurus,
    >
    > Running Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional on Windows XP Pro SP2. I've
    > opened a PDF sent to me by another person and I want to edit it. I want
    > to replace certain words but all I can do is make a strikethrough and
    > annotate a comment. I though the Pro version of Adobe Acrobat would
    > allow me to make wholesale changes and not simply just minor editing
    > comments?

    It depends entirely upon what sort of specific change restrictions the
    original creator of the document set.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:

    killed a great many philosophers.
    ~ Denis Diderot
    Bruce Chambers, Apr 1, 2008
  7. Spin

    HeyBub Guest

    Spin wrote:
    > Gurus,
    >
    > Running Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional on Windows XP Pro SP2. I've
    > opened a PDF sent to me by another person and I want to edit it. I
    > want to replace certain words but all I can do is make a
    > strikethrough and annotate a comment. I though the Pro version of
    > Adobe Acrobat would allow me to make wholesale changes and not simply
    > just minor editing comments?

    The author did not enable the "allow changes" button.
    HeyBub, Apr 1, 2008
  8. Spin wrote:

    > Gurus,
    >
    > Running Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional on Windows XP Pro SP2. I've opened
    > a PDF sent to me by another person and I want to edit it. I want to
    > replace certain words but all I can do is make a strikethrough and
    > annotate a comment. I though the Pro version of Adobe Acrobat would allow
    > me to make wholesale changes and not simply just minor editing comments?

    One of the reasons to create a PDF file is that it can be made uneditable.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2008
  9. Spin

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <>
    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >One of the reasons to create a PDF file is that it can be made uneditable.

    I believe you misspelt "slightly more difficult to edit"
    DevilsPGD, Apr 1, 2008
  10. DevilsPGD wrote:

    > In message <>
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >>One of the reasons to create a PDF file is that it can be made uneditable.

    > I believe you misspelt "slightly more difficult to edit"

    Seems to be the same thing in the case of the OP.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2008