Private VLAN config

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ned, May 10, 2010.

  1. Ned

    Ned Guest

    What is wrong with my config here please? Trying to set up "Private
    VLANs" - Primary is 100, I have isolated vlans 101 - 103, but when I
    try to accociate them to the Primary - the config only shows the
    "first" vlan number I enetered - not the range...

    3560AA(config)#vlan 100
    3560AA(config-vlan)#priv
    3560AA(config-vlan)#private-vlan assoc
    3560AA(config-vlan)#private-vlan association add ?
    WORD VLAN IDs of the private VLANs to be configured

    3560AA(config-vlan)#private-vlan association add 101,102,103
    3560AA(config-vlan)#end
    3560AA0#
    !
    spanning-tree mode pvst
    spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig
    spanning-tree extend system-id
    !
    vlan internal allocation policy ascending
    !
    vlan 2
    !
    vlan 100
    private-vlan primary
    private-vlan association 101
    !
    vlan 101
    private-vlan isolated
    !
    vlan 102
    private-vlan isolated
    !
    vlan 103
    private-vlan isolated
    !

    Ned, May 10, 2010

  2. Ned

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <> Ned
    wrote:

    | What is wrong with my config here please? Trying to set up "Private
    | VLANs" - Primary is 100, I have isolated vlans 101 - 103, but when I
    | try to accociate them to the Primary - the config only shows the
    | "first" vlan number I enetered - not the range...
    |
    | 3560AA(config)#vlan 100
    | 3560AA(config-vlan)#priv
    | 3560AA(config-vlan)#private-vlan assoc
    | 3560AA(config-vlan)#private-vlan association add ?
    | WORD VLAN IDs of the private VLANs to be configured
    |
    | 3560AA(config-vlan)#private-vlan association add 101,102,103

    Try private-vlan association add 101-103

    Here you have more info on configuring private vlan's on 3560
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/swi...e/12.2_20_se/configuration/guide/swpvlan.html

    Morph, May 10, 2010