    Simon Geary Guest

    Is there an nntp address for the new private groups or do you need to use
    the web interface?
    Simon Geary, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Simon Geary

    Neil Guest

    "Simon Geary" <> wrote in news:#miJePGXEHA.3284
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Is there an nntp address for the new private groups or do you need to

    use
    > the web interface?

    which private newsgroup were you looking for...and if you were supposed
    to get access you would likely know how. try finding this info through a
    private website (hint,hint,hint)...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 28, 2004

  3. >Is there an nntp address for the new private groups or do you need to use
    >the web interface?

    If you are referring to the new[ish] mcp only ng's, then I don't think
    they are exposed to the outside world via nntp. In any case those
    groups are mainly full of worthless crap as well, and are certainly
    not as much fun as this ng is!

    Seriously, the non certification ng's (or other places) are the place
    to find meaningful technical discussion

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Simon Geary

    Simon Geary Guest

    I can get access through the web interface on the MCP private site but using
    it through Outlook Express would be so much easier. betanews.microsoft.com
    and privatenews.microsoft.com are password protected nntp sites so I don't
    see why they can't do the same with the MCP groups.

    Simon Geary, Jun 28, 2004
  5. > betanews.microsoft.com
    >and privatenews.microsoft.com are password protected nntp sites so I don't
    >see why they can't do the same with the MCP groups.

    simplicity.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Simon Geary

    Neil Guest

    "Simon Geary" <> wrote in

    > I can get access through the web interface on the MCP private site but
    > using it through Outlook Express would be so much easier.
    > betanews.microsoft.com and privatenews.microsoft.com are password
    > protected nntp sites so I don't see why they can't do the same with
    > the MCP groups.
    >
    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >> "Simon Geary" <> wrote in
    >> news:#miJePGXEHA.3284 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >> > Is there an nntp address for the new private groups or do you need

    >> use
    >> > the web interface?
    >> >

    >> which private newsgroup were you looking for...and if you were
    >> supposed to get access you would likely know how. try finding this
    >> info through a private website (hint,hint,hint)...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Neil MCNGP #30
    >> "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"

    I think you are hosed. that's a web only one so unlessd you can convince
    MS to give you access thru nntp.....hahahahahahaha....sorry what was I
    thinking...yer hosed.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Simon Geary

    billyw Guest

    best ng is the sbs ones imho

    billyw, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Simon Geary

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    > and are certainly
    > not as much fun as this ng is!

    yeah, baby. this is where all the $ex, drugs and rock & roll* happens.

    *with occasional disco madness.
    Rowdy Yates, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Simon Geary

    Neil Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > *with occasional disco madness.

    I've told you already, there is no such thing...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 28, 2004