    Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I be
    worried?

    Yours, Emily
    Emily Jones, Jun 10, 2004

  2. In article <40c80d43$0$58824$>,
    says...
    > I have one of those web traffic analyser things on my web site. The site is
    > hosted on linux at a web hosts, not here. Yesterday there were reports of
    > somebody visisiting from 10.1.42.203 which is a private IP address isn't it?
    >
    > Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I be
    > worried?
    >
    > Yours, Emily

    could be someone on the NOC LAN visiting the website?

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."
    Colonel Flagg, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Emily Jones

    Emily Jones Guest

    Thanks

    NOC?

    Emily

    "Colonel Flagg" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Emily Jones, Jun 10, 2004
  4. In article <40c891d7$0$58819$>,
    says...

    > "Colonel Flagg" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > In article <40c80d43$0$58824$>,
    > > says...
    > > > I have one of those web traffic analyser things on my web site. The site

    > is
    > > > hosted on linux at a web hosts, not here. Yesterday there were reports

    > of
    > > > somebody visisiting from 10.1.42.203 which is a private IP address isn't

    > it?
    > > >
    > > > Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I

    > be
    > > > worried?
    > > >
    > > > Yours, Emily
    > > >

    > > could be someone on the NOC LAN visiting the website?
    > >

    > Thanks
    >
    > NOC?
    >
    > Emily

    Network Operations Center

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."
    Colonel Flagg, Jun 10, 2004
  5. Emily Jones

    Emily Jones Guest

    Thanks. As a matter of fact the ISP is reporting that they have had problems
    with a DNS server, so they might have been doing some tests on their hosted
    pages?

    It's not _my_ ISP, I'm looking after the site for somebody else, that's why
    I didn't have any problems.

    Yours, Emily

    "Colonel Flagg" <> wrote in
    message news:...