Privacy: How to clear previous SKYPE login attempts?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Emily, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. Emily

    Emily Guest

    How do we clear the long list of previous Skype login attempts?

    In Skype 3.0.0.198 on Windows XP, when I start Skype, it comes up with a
    "Skype Name" field that has dozens of old prior login attempts.

    I don't want other people seeing those login attempts.
    How do I clear the loooong "Skype Name" list on Windows XP?

    Unfortunately, the CCleaner 1.36.430 freeware system optimization and
    privacy tool does NOT clean old Skype Names. Neither does MRU Blaster 1.5
    (March 30, 2004) clean out the long list of Skype Names.

    I didn't find how to clear the Skype Name list in the Skype FAQ:
    http://support.skype.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase

    So, I ask you for help.
    Where is the Skype Name list stored and how do I clear it out?

    Emily

    Emily, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Emily wrote:

    > So, I ask you for help.
    > Where is the Skype Name list stored and how do I clear it out?

    If it's a standard Windows dialog box click in the field and hold down
    ctrl and del.

    --
    rob singers
    pull finger to reply