    connection to access the internet on the wireless. I have tried the network
    wizard. Is there a way to set the wireless connection as my defalt internet
    connection

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXk=?=, May 29, 2006

  2. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 29, 2006

  3. Make sure that there is no "default gateway" set on the wired interface.
    (Assuming you just have a small network without multiple tiered
    routers...otherwise, you may have to change the metrics as Jack suggested.)

    If you have a router supplying dhcp, you can do this by clicking the radio
    button for manual in the tcpip properties on the wired adapter, but do not
    type anything in.

    Basically if both adapters have a default gateway specified, then it is the
    hardware bind order which determines which is queried first. Ensuring that
    the default gateway is on the wireless interface means that for IP addresses
    which your machine does not recognize (web sites...etc), your machine will
    use the wireless interface to contact them.

    --
    J.P.
    [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

    J.P. Stewart [MS], May 31, 2006