prints from Nikon D70 RAW files - Sharpening + Tone question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pat, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Hello Everybody,

    I have been playing with the Nikon D70 RAW files to get the best
    possible prints. I have some good prints from the pro film and I am
    trying to get results closer to the film prints. I use a good pro lab
    to get the digital prints.

    In Nikon Capture 4 (or in camera), you can have:

    Sharpening: Auto, -2 to +2, None (auto, normal,low, medium low,medium
    high and high )
    Tone comp: Auto, -2 to +2, Custom

    1) I am intersted to know what kind of Sharpening and Tone settings
    Nikon D70 users working with Nikon Capture 4 on RAW files prefer to
    get good prints.

    2) Also, what other parameters like while balance etc. you play with
    before printing?

    Will greatly appreciate your feedback.

    Thanks,
    Pat