printroom.com and other online host/fulfilment sites for event photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jcdill@gmail.com, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I've been using Smugmug for almost a year. I now need to offer a
    gallery of event photos with a discount coupon feature. (I had a "sign
    up fee" at my last event, and I need to give everyone who paid that fee
    a credit towards prints.) Printroom supposedly has this feature but
    getting them to answer emails has been a maddening exercise and it has
    me very worried about their customer support.

    Are there other sites that offer this feature?

    Those of you that have printroom accounts, how happy have you been with
    their customer service? Is it better once you give them your money?

    Is there a better forum to discuss event photo hosting?
    SportsShooter.com has a $25 membership fee before one can post to their
    forum and I'm not sure I want to pay $25 to just ask one question. :)

    Thanks!

    jc

    , Oct 27, 2005

  2. Annika1980 Guest

    You stole my thunder. I was about to ask about the best hosting sites
    as well.

    Annika1980, Oct 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > You stole my thunder. I was about to ask about the best hosting sites
    > as well.

    If you don't need a "coupon" feature, Smugmug is GREAT. Except for
    this one feature that I need for the current gallery, I've been very
    happy with the features and especially the service from Smugmug.

    jc

    , Oct 27, 2005
  4. Guest

    wrote:

    > Is there a better forum to discuss event photo hosting?

    Hello? Is this thing on? Is there anyone here or have all the helpful
    posters on rpd been driven out by the flamers and trolls? Where has
    everyone gone??? :-(

    jc

    , Oct 28, 2005
  5. wrote:

    > Hello? Is this thing on? Is there anyone here or have all the
    > helpful posters on rpd been driven out by the flamers and trolls?
    > Where has everyone gone??? :-(

    They all migrated to A.M.O.E. of course. You ought to come back since we
    miss you.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Re: printroom.com and other online host/fulfilment sites for eventphotos

    wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >>You stole my thunder. I was about to ask about the best hosting sites
    >>as well.

    > If you don't need a "coupon" feature, Smugmug is GREAT. Except for
    > this one feature that I need for the current gallery, I've been very
    > happy with the features and especially the service from Smugmug.

    I've been happy with Printroom, but have never used a coupon promo. If
    there's a specific q I could answer via signing up for specifics (short
    of committing $$) I'd try to do that for you.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Oct 29, 2005
  7. Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Annika1980 wrote:
    > >
    > >>You stole my thunder. I was about to ask about the best hosting sites
    > >>as well.

    > > If you don't need a "coupon" feature, Smugmug is GREAT. Except for
    > > this one feature that I need for the current gallery, I've been very
    > > happy with the features and especially the service from Smugmug.
    > >

    > I've been happy with Printroom, but have never used a coupon promo. If
    > there's a specific q I could answer via signing up for specifics (short
    > of committing $$) I'd try to do that for you.

    I appreciate the offer, but due to Printroom's lack of responsiveness
    to my emails before signing up, I'm not going to give them my money.
    I'm unconvinced that the support I'd get after giving them my money
    would be any better.

    I'm testing ExposureManager right now. Their support staff has been
    AMAZING. They have a coupon system that isn't advertised but is
    available and they are helping me setup the gallery and coupon right
    now. They also offer a 15 day free trial followed by a 15 day refund
    offer, so I have 30 days to see if it works well for me or not before I
    commit to using their site long term.

    jc

    , Oct 29, 2005