    John Smith Guest

    Anyone got or familiar with this software - Printmaster Gold by Broderbund -
    if so I'd like to ask a simple question...thanks.

    John Smith, Nov 16, 2004

  2. John Smith gibbered the following deranged nonsense:
    > Anyone got or familiar with this software - Printmaster Gold by Broderbund -
    > if so I'd like to ask a simple question...thanks.

    Ask your question...

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!! The staff of life!!

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 16, 2004

  3. John Smith

    Rob K Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:18:11 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Ask your question...

    About your site ... Any plans for a map of Alaska with say, colored dots
    indicating good 'beer and spirits resellers' ?

    Rob K, Nov 16, 2004
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Thanks for your reply.

    Yes, what it is ...friend just added another hard drive and upgraded
    Windows to XP.
    His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    drive is
    the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    various
    important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.

    Printmaster Gold was pre-installed onto his pc at purchase and he doesn't
    have a disc.

    Many thanks,

    John
    --------------

    John Smith, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Rob K gibbered the following deranged nonsense:
    > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:18:11 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >

    >> Ask your question...

    > About your site ... Any plans for a map of Alaska with say, colored dots
    > indicating good 'beer and spirits resellers' ?

    Back in my younger days a map like that would have simply
    been *all* red, but now so many places have a local option
    for wet or dry that I dunno.. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 16, 2004
  6. John Smith

    PC Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Yes, what it is ...friend just added another hard drive and upgraded
    > Windows to XP.
    > His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    > drive is
    > the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    > He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    > various
    > important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    > He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    > addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >
    > Printmaster Gold was pre-installed onto his pc at purchase and he doesn't
    > have a disc.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > John
    > --------------
    >

    > "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    >> John Smith gibbered the following deranged nonsense:
    >>> Anyone got or familiar with this software - Printmaster Gold by
    >>> Broderbund -
    >>> if so I'd like to ask a simple question...thanks.
    >>>

    >> Ask your question...
    >>
    >> --
    >> The Old Sourdough
    >> BEER!! The staff of life!!
    >> Linux Registered User 5A020

    John

    Sitting looking at a copy of PM Deluxe on the shelf here, not installed now
    as I found it awkward to use, required CD's to run and if I remember saved
    it's data in it's own format.

    You have two courses choices I think. (As long as the old drive has not been
    'cleaned up')

    1 Find the folder on the old hard drive that PMG saved it's files into and
    see if you can open them with Paint, Wordpad, Notepad or any other program
    you might think will 'see' into them. Irfan View (www.irfanview.com) is the
    most likely (free) program that will have the best chance of opening them.

    2 As long as the old drive has not been 'cleaned up' by removing Windows
    etc. Swap the old drive in place of the new drive (disconnect new drive and
    set the jumpers on the old drive to master if need be) and boot up of the
    old drive. Then print off all the 'address's' from PM.

    After restoring the new HD etc, you can type all the printed off addresses
    into another program.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 16, 2004
  7. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    > Rob K gibbered the following deranged nonsense:
    >> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:18:11 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >>

    >>> Ask your question...

    >> About your site ... Any plans for a map of Alaska with say, colored dots
    >> indicating good 'beer and spirits resellers' ?

    > Back in my younger days a map like that would have simply
    > been *all* red, but now so many places have a local option
    > for wet or dry that I dunno.. :)
    >

    > --
    > The Old Sourdough
    > BEER!! The staff of life!!
    > Linux Registered User 5A020

    --------------------------
    You on something? :)

    John Smith, Nov 16, 2004
  8. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in message

    > "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for your reply.
    >>
    >> Yes, what it is ...friend just added another hard drive and upgraded
    >> Windows to XP.
    >> His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    >> drive is
    >> the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    >> He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    >> various
    >> important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    >> He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    >> addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Printmaster Gold was pre-installed onto his pc at purchase and he doesn't
    >> have a disc.
    >>
    >> Many thanks,
    >>
    >> John
    >> --------------
    >>

    >> "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    >>> John Smith gibbered the following deranged nonsense:
    >>>>

    >>> Ask your question...
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> The Old Sourdough
    >>> BEER!! The staff of life!!
    >>> Linux Registered User 5A020
    >>>

    > John
    >
    > Sitting looking at a copy of PM Deluxe on the shelf here, not installed
    > now as I found it awkward to use, required CD's to run and if I remember
    > saved it's data in it's own format.
    >
    > You have two courses choices I think. (As long as the old drive has not
    > been 'cleaned up')
    >
    > 1 Find the folder on the old hard drive that PMG saved it's files into and
    > see if you can open them with Paint, Wordpad, Notepad or any other program
    > you might think will 'see' into them. Irfan View (www.irfanview.com) is
    > the most likely (free) program that will have the best chance of opening
    > them.
    >
    > 2 As long as the old drive has not been 'cleaned up' by removing Windows
    > etc. Swap the old drive in place of the new drive (disconnect new drive
    > and set the jumpers on the old drive to master if need be) and boot up of
    > the old drive. Then print off all the 'address's' from PM.
    >
    > After restoring the new HD etc, you can type all the printed off addresses
    > into another program.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Paul.

    -----------------
    Thanks Paul...most helpful. Yes, I think 2. above will be too complex for
    friend but 1. looks promising..if only there was an easy way of identifying
    the files in which the addresses would have been saved..any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    John

    John Smith, Nov 16, 2004
  9. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Anyone currently using PMG?
    -----------

    --------------------

    John Smith, Nov 16, 2004
  10. John Smith

    PC Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message

    > "PC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for your reply.
    >>>
    >>> Yes, what it is ...friend just added another hard drive and upgraded
    >>> Windows to XP.
    >>> His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    >>> drive is
    >>> the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    >>> He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    >>> various
    >>> important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    >>> He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    >>> addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Printmaster Gold was pre-installed onto his pc at purchase and he
    >>> doesn't
    >>> have a disc.
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks,
    >>>
    >>> John
    >>> --------------
    >>>

    >>> "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message

    >> John
    >>
    >> Sitting looking at a copy of PM Deluxe on the shelf here, not installed
    >> now as I found it awkward to use, required CD's to run and if I remember
    >> saved it's data in it's own format.
    >>
    >> You have two courses choices I think. (As long as the old drive has not
    >> been 'cleaned up')
    >>
    >> 1 Find the folder on the old hard drive that PMG saved it's files into
    >> and see if you can open them with Paint, Wordpad, Notepad or any other
    >> program you might think will 'see' into them. Irfan View
    >> (www.irfanview.com) is the most likely (free) program that will have the
    >> best chance of opening them.
    >>
    >> 2 As long as the old drive has not been 'cleaned up' by removing Windows
    >> etc. Swap the old drive in place of the new drive (disconnect new drive
    >> and set the jumpers on the old drive to master if need be) and boot up of
    >> the old drive. Then print off all the 'address's' from PM.
    >>
    >> After restoring the new HD etc, you can type all the printed off
    >> addresses into another program.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Paul.

    > -----------------
    > Thanks Paul...most helpful. Yes, I think 2. above will be too complex for
    > friend but 1. looks promising..if only there was an easy way of
    > identifying the files in which the addresses would have been saved..any
    > thoughts?
    > Thanks,
    > John

    Well, you could look in C:\Program Files/Mindscape/PrintMaster. (though it
    will be D: drive in this case)
    Or any folder that has 'PrintMaster' on it.
    My guess is saved projects from PrintMaster may have a .pm? extension, note
    the 'may' as I've just looked in My PM box and there is no CD so I can't
    load it and find out for you. (dang where did that go!)

    Realistically your 'friend' should be able to remember some part of the name
    he/she saved them under.
    Try searching for that.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 17, 2004
  11. John Smith

    PC Guest

    Re: Printmaster Gold.- found it!

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message

    > "PC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for your reply.
    >>>
    >>> Yes, what it is ...friend just added another hard drive and upgraded
    >>> Windows to XP.
    >>> His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    >>> drive is
    >>> the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    >>> He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    >>> various
    >>> important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    >>> He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    >>> addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Printmaster Gold was pre-installed onto his pc at purchase and he
    >>> doesn't
    >>> have a disc.
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks,
    >>>
    >>> John
    >>> --------------
    >>>

    >>> "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message

    >> John
    >>
    >> Sitting looking at a copy of PM Deluxe on the shelf here, not installed
    >> now as I found it awkward to use, required CD's to run and if I remember
    >> saved it's data in it's own format.
    >>
    >> You have two courses choices I think. (As long as the old drive has not
    >> been 'cleaned up')
    >>
    >> 1 Find the folder on the old hard drive that PMG saved it's files into
    >> and see if you can open them with Paint, Wordpad, Notepad or any other
    >> program you might think will 'see' into them. Irfan View
    >> (www.irfanview.com) is the most likely (free) program that will have the
    >> best chance of opening them.
    >>
    >> 2 As long as the old drive has not been 'cleaned up' by removing Windows
    >> etc. Swap the old drive in place of the new drive (disconnect new drive
    >> and set the jumpers on the old drive to master if need be) and boot up of
    >> the old drive. Then print off all the 'address's' from PM.
    >>
    >> After restoring the new HD etc, you can type all the printed off
    >> addresses into another program.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Paul.

    > -----------------
    > Thanks Paul...most helpful. Yes, I think 2. above will be too complex for
    > friend but 1. looks promising..if only there was an easy way of
    > identifying the files in which the addresses would have been saved..any
    > thoughts?
    > Thanks,
    > John

    John

    Found my PM Deluxe CD's, the address book is at:

    C\Program Files\Mindscape\Printmaster\Books\Address.abk.

    PM Gold 'may' be different, and be aware that it is a database format so
    when opened in notepad it is full of odd characters & spaces with the
    address's at the end of the file, very much Unformatted.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Nov 17, 2004
  12. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in message

    > "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "PC" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "John Smith" <> wrote in message

    >>> John
    >>>
    >>> Sitting looking at a copy of PM Deluxe on the shelf here, not installed
    >>> now as I found it awkward to use, required CD's to run and if I remember
    >>> saved it's data in it's own format.
    >>>
    >>> You have two courses choices I think. (As long as the old drive has not
    >>> been 'cleaned up')
    >>>
    >>> 1 Find the folder on the old hard drive that PMG saved it's files into
    >>> and see if you can open them with Paint, Wordpad, Notepad or any other
    >>> program you might think will 'see' into them. Irfan View
    >>> (www.irfanview.com) is the most likely (free) program that will have the
    >>> best chance of opening them.
    >>>
    >>> 2 As long as the old drive has not been 'cleaned up' by removing Windows
    >>> etc. Swap the old drive in place of the new drive (disconnect new drive
    >>> and set the jumpers on the old drive to master if need be) and boot up
    >>> of the old drive. Then print off all the 'address's' from PM.
    >>>
    >>> After restoring the new HD etc, you can type all the printed off
    >>> addresses into another program.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Paul.

    >> -----------------
    >> Thanks Paul...most helpful. Yes, I think 2. above will be too complex for
    >> friend but 1. looks promising..if only there was an easy way of
    >> identifying the files in which the addresses would have been saved..any
    >> thoughts?
    >> Thanks,
    >> John

    > John
    >
    > Found my PM Deluxe CD's, the address book is at:
    >
    > C\Program Files\Mindscape\Printmaster\Books\Address.abk.
    >
    > PM Gold 'may' be different, and be aware that it is a database format so
    > when opened in notepad it is full of odd characters & spaces with the
    > address's at the end of the file, very much Unformatted.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Paul

    Excellent - TVM Paul..great lead. Meeting up with pal at the weekend so will
    share the good news.
    Thanks again.
    John

    John Smith, Nov 17, 2004