    now, all printjobs have been seemless).

    Thanks and have a good Thanksgiving.

    Rich Costa
    Richcosta, Nov 27, 2008

  2. Richcosta

    John Pollard Guest

    "Richcosta" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    |I have a print job stuck in the print cue. It is a 36 page pdf file.
    | The 1st page and a half come out and then it just stops. I have tried
    | the following steps to delete it:
    | 1. Shutting off the printer and computer.
    | 2. Deleting the job from the dialog box that lets me do that
    | 3. Shutting off the router (the job was sent by my laptop wirelessly
    | to the printer through the desktop).
    | 4. Asked the print job very nicely to go away.
    |
    | Nothing has worked. This is a new one for me. Any ideas. (If it
    | matters, the laptop is running Vista and the desktop XP, but until
    | now, all printjobs have been seemless).
    |
    | Thanks and have a good Thanksgiving.
    |
    | Rich Costa

    You wouldn't happen to be the famous, grow your own habenero, Rich Costa now would 'ya ?

    Wink - wink, nod - nod :)
    John Pollard, Nov 27, 2008

  3. Richcosta

    Guest

    Richcosta <> wrote:

    >I have a print job stuck in the print cue. It is a 36 page pdf file.
    >The 1st page and a half come out and then it just stops. I have tried
    >the following steps to delete it:
    >1. Shutting off the printer and computer.
    >2. Deleting the job from the dialog box that lets me do that
    >3. Shutting off the router (the job was sent by my laptop wirelessly
    >to the printer through the desktop).
    >4. Asked the print job very nicely to go away.
    >
    >Nothing has worked. This is a new one for me. Any ideas. (If it
    >matters, the laptop is running Vista and the desktop XP, but until
    >now, all printjobs have been seemless).

    XP
    Sometimes deleting anything in the directory:
    WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\<anything in here>
    will work.

    You might need to unhide files to see anything, just follow this link
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp
    --

    Dude Transports 20 bricks on his head
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lV-iP1jSMlI&fmt=18
  4. Richcosta

    chuckcar Guest

    Richcosta <> wrote in

    > I have a print job stuck in the print cue. It is a 36 page pdf file.
    > The 1st page and a half come out and then it just stops. I have tried
    > the following steps to delete it:
    > 1. Shutting off the printer and computer.
    > 2. Deleting the job from the dialog box that lets me do that
    > 3. Shutting off the router (the job was sent by my laptop wirelessly
    > to the printer through the desktop).
    > 4. Asked the print job very nicely to go away.
    >
    > Nothing has worked. This is a new one for me. Any ideas. (If it
    > matters, the laptop is running Vista and the desktop XP, but until
    > now, all printjobs have been seemless).

    You tried everything but what works: turn the printer off and on.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 27, 2008
  5. chuckcar wrote:

    > Richcosta <> wrote:
    >> (with appropriate snippage)
    >> 1. Shutting off the printer and computer.

    > You tried everything but what works: turn the printer off and on.

    Ummm ... please call 1-800-OPTOMETRISTS before the month is out.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 27, 2008
  6. Richcosta

    Richcosta Guest

    On Nov 27, 7:55 am, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > Richcosta <> wrote innews::
    >
    > > I have a print job stuck in the print cue.  It is a 36 page pdf file.
    > > The 1st page and a half come out and then it just stops.  I have tried
    > > the following steps to delete it:
    > > 1.  Shutting off the printer and computer.
    > > 2.   Deleting the job from the dialog box that lets me do that
    > > 3.  Shutting off the router (the job was sent by my laptop wirelessly
    > > to the printer through the desktop).
    > > 4.  Asked the print job very nicely to go away.

    > > Nothing has worked.  This is a new one for me.  Any ideas.  (If it
    > > matters, the laptop is running Vista and the desktop XP, but until
    > > now, all printjobs have been seemless).

    > You tried everything but what works: turn the printer off and on.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil)  car(chuck) )

    No, I tried that also. It does not work.
    Thanks.
    Richcosta, Nov 27, 2008
  7. Richcosta

    Tony Guest

    Give him another one there Chuck. Chuck says try pulling out the plug and
    sticking it in a different socket... Chuck you idiot! Now this is me
    answering. Delete the printer itself in device manager reboot the computer
    then install the printer drivers.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Nov 27, 2008
  8. Richcosta

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    wrote:
    > Richcosta <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a print job stuck in the print cue. It is a 36 page pdf file.
    >> The 1st page and a half come out and then it just stops. I have tried
    >> the following steps to delete it:
    >> 1. Shutting off the printer and computer.
    >> 2. Deleting the job from the dialog box that lets me do that
    >> 3. Shutting off the router (the job was sent by my laptop wirelessly
    >> to the printer through the desktop).
    >> 4. Asked the print job very nicely to go away.
    >>
    >> Nothing has worked. This is a new one for me. Any ideas. (If it
    >> matters, the laptop is running Vista and the desktop XP, but until
    >> now, all printjobs have been seemless).

    > XP
    > Sometimes deleting anything in the directory:
    > WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\<anything in here>
    > will work.
    >
    > You might need to unhide files to see anything, just follow this link
    > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

    That always works for me. I'd like to add that stopping the print
    spooler service prior to doing that might help.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 27, 2008
  9. On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:26:35 -0800, Richcosta aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > I have a print job stuck in the print cue. It is a 36 page pdf file.
    > The 1st page and a half come out and then it just stops. I have tried
    > the following steps to delete it:
    > 1. Shutting off the printer and computer.

    Try holding down the self test button (might be two buttons at once) when
    you turn on the printer.
    Or unplug the bugger for five minutes to clear the printers RAM.

    > 2. Deleting the job from the dialog box that lets me do that

    Wish I knew what kinda printer you have. They have utilities that will let
    you do these things from their keypads :)

    > 3. Shutting off the router
    > (the job was sent by my laptop wirelessly to
    > the printer through the desktop).
    > 4. Asked the print job very nicely to go away.

    SMASH KEYBORD ;)

    > Nothing has worked. This is a new one for me. Any ideas. (If it
    > matters, the laptop is running Vista and the desktop XP, but until now,
    > all printjobs have been seemless).

    If you still havent fixed it yet post the printer make & model...

    > Thanks and have a good Thanksgiving.

    Too late fer that, mate!

    http://www.alternet.org
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 27, 2008
  10. On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:17:43 +0000, Howard aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > §ñühwØ£f wrote:
    >> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:26:35 -0800, Richcosta aided th' terraists with the
    >> following claims :
    >>
    >>> I have a print job stuck in the print cue. It is a 36 page pdf file.
    >>> The 1st page and a half come out and then it just stops. I have tried
    >>> the following steps to delete it:
    >>> 1. Shutting off the printer and computer.

    >> Try holding down the self test button (might be two buttons at once) when
    >> you turn on the printer.
    >> Or unplug the bugger for five minutes to clear the printers RAM.
    >>
    >>> 2. Deleting the job from the dialog box that lets me do that

    >> Wish I knew what kinda printer you have. They have utilities that will let
    >> you do these things from their keypads :)
    >>
    >>> 3. Shutting off the router
    >>> (the job was sent by my laptop wirelessly to
    >>> the printer through the desktop).
    >>> 4. Asked the print job very nicely to go away.
    >>>

    >> SMASH KEYBORD ;)
    >>
    >>> Nothing has worked. This is a new one for me. Any ideas. (If it
    >>> matters, the laptop is running Vista and the desktop XP, but until now,
    >>> all printjobs have been seemless).
    >>>

    >> If you still havent fixed it yet post the printer make & model...
    >>
    >>> Thanks and have a good Thanksgiving.
    >>>

    >> Too late fer that, mate!
    >>

    > Is..it..a..HP...by....any....chance?

    do...you..expect...me....to....read.....minds?

    http://www.alternet.org
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 28, 2008