    insists on chopping off the right side of most webpages I choose to print.
    Would appreciate any help.

    Thanks!

    MIS, Apr 12, 2004

  2. MIS wrote:

    > I've got a Samsung scx-4x16 multifunction laser printer, win xp, and it
    > insists on chopping off the right side of most webpages I choose to print.
    > Would appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Is the default settings for the printer set to the right paper size?
    Does it affect printing from all applications or just from the browser?
    How much is chopped off?

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 12, 2004

  3. MIS

    MIS Guest

    The paper size is set to "letter" and it chops off approximately 13
    characters or so. It also shows the text being chopped off in print preview
    mode.

    MIS, Apr 12, 2004
  4. MIS wrote:

    > The paper size is set to "letter" and it chops off approximately 13
    > characters or so. It also shows the text being chopped off in print preview
    > mode.

    You didn't answer whether it is only web pages that get chopped or
    whether everything does. And it is chopped and not just pushed over to
    the right? If it was affecting everything, it could be as simple as the
    paper feed tray being set incorrectly of something inside the printer
    stopping the print head moving all the way over.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 12, 2004
  5. MIS

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "MIS" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a Samsung scx-4x16 multifunction laser printer, win xp, and it
    > insists on chopping off the right side of most webpages I choose to print.
    > Would appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks!

    If this is happening only with web pages, it's not uncommon. In the Print
    Preview, you may have to set the page options - margins, rotation, etc. to
    fit. A lot of times I've had to print in landscape to get past this
    irritating problem. Also, in Print Preview you may have a pull-down on the
    menu bar for other options: I think they are something like "print as
    formatted", "print only active frame", "print all links" etc.

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 13, 2004