Printing webpages in Portrait format?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sigi Rindler, May 24, 2005.

  1. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    Sometimes I need to print a webpage, but many of them don't fit the portrait
    format of an A4 size paper sheet. I know I can try the landscape format
    which will do the trick, but it yields more pages and it is not very handy
    when graphics get truncated.
    I haven't managed yet to fit such webpages (Windows XP) into the A4 portrait
    format, therefore I wonder whether there is any software that would reduce
    the font a bit to get the entire webpage printed in the desired format.

    Is there such a thing? I'd gladly waste money on such a software...

    Thanks,

    S.R.

    Sigi Rindler, May 24, 2005

  2. Sigi Rindler wrote:
    > Sometimes I need to print a webpage, but many of them don't fit the portrait
    > format of an A4 size paper sheet. I know I can try the landscape format
    > which will do the trick, but it yields more pages and it is not very handy
    > when graphics get truncated.
    > I haven't managed yet to fit such webpages (Windows XP) into the A4 portrait
    > format, therefore I wonder whether there is any software that would reduce
    > the font a bit to get the entire webpage printed in the desired format.

    > Is there such a thing? I'd gladly waste money on such a software...

    Why not set your font sizes smaller in your browser? I note that
    you're using OE, so assume you're also using IE. I *think* you can do
    that with IE; I know you can with Opera, NS, Mozilla and Firefox.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 24, 2005

  3. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    > Why not set your font sizes smaller in your browser? I note that
    > you're using OE, so assume you're also using IE. I *think* you can do
    > that with IE; I know you can with Opera, NS, Mozilla and Firefox.

    The change needs to be done in the printer file as I was told. Canon's
    terminology (Lasershot) is something like "fit the page" in katakana. I live
    in Japan and have a domestic printer model. Haven't spottet it yet,
    however...

    Anyway, I shall soon dump OE and IE and move on...:)

    Sigi Rindler, May 24, 2005