    but still has the right side missing. How do you do it?

    --
    =========
    frankg, Jan 18, 2006

  2. frankg wrote:

    > when there is no option to 'print this page' or a downloadable pdf,
    > how do you fit the web page to a standard lerr size sheet? I've tried
    > selecting the option "scale to fit" but the the pages are always cut
    > off on the right side. I've tried reducing to 75% but that just
    > makes the page smaller (75%) but still has the right side missing.
    > How do you do it?

    Which browser are you using?

    Normally, web page printing problems are due to the incompetence of the
    page author. Can you give a couple of examples of pages that don't print
    as you would expect? URL's please.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 18, 2006

  3. frankg

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-18, frankg <> wrote:
    > when there is no option to 'print this page' or a downloadable pdf, how do
    > you fit the web page to a standard lerr size sheet? I've tried selecting the
    > option "scale to fit" but the the pages are always cut off on the right
    > side. I've tried reducing to 75% but that just makes the page smaller (75%)
    > but still has the right side missing. How do you do it?

    In Opera 8.51 on my Linux system I just type P ... what software do you
    use? Do the pages look 'right' in 'print preview'? Have you tried both
    'landscape' and 'portrait'? Are you using the latest 'drivers' for your
    printer? Do you get similar problems when printing from your word
    processor or e-mail or image programs? Does the paper actually in the
    printer match the size you have selected in the settings on your computer?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 18, 2006
  4. frankg

    John Holmes Guest

    frankg blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > when there is no option to 'print this page' or a downloadable pdf,
    > how do you fit the web page to a standard lerr size sheet? I've tried
    > selecting the option "scale to fit" but the the pages are always cut
    > off on the right side. I've tried reducing to 75% but that just makes
    > the page smaller (75%) but still has the right side missing. How do
    > you do it?

    Landscape.

    --
    Your mother was a heavyweight animal rights protester who was so fat she
    had to be kept in a rubber-walled room.
    John Holmes, Jan 18, 2006
  5. frankg

    frankg Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-01-18, frankg <> wrote:
    >> when there is no option to 'print this page' or a downloadable pdf, how
    >> do
    >> you fit the web page to a standard lerr size sheet? I've tried selecting
    >> the
    >> option "scale to fit" but the the pages are always cut off on the right
    >> side. I've tried reducing to 75% but that just makes the page smaller
    >> (75%)
    >> but still has the right side missing. How do you do it?

    > In Opera 8.51 on my Linux system I just type P ... what software do you
    > use? Do the pages look 'right' in 'print preview'? Have you tried both
    > 'landscape' and 'portrait'? Are you using the latest 'drivers' for your
    > printer? Do you get similar problems when printing from your word
    > processor or e-mail or image programs? Does the paper actually in the
    > printer match the size you have selected in the settings on your computer?

    no other problems, new printer
    in print preview they're also cut off
    frankg, Jan 18, 2006
  6. frankg

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:2b6k1lor55ea.1e8e8artti2c9$,
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    > frankg wrote:
    >
    >> when there is no option to 'print this page' or a downloadable pdf,
    >> how do you fit the web page to a standard lerr size sheet? I've tried
    >> selecting the option "scale to fit" but the the pages are always cut
    >> off on the right side. I've tried reducing to 75% but that just
    >> makes the page smaller (75%) but still has the right side missing.
    >> How do you do it?

    > Which browser are you using?
    >
    > Normally, web page printing problems are due to the incompetence of
    > the page author.

    Don't ya just *hate* that?

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 18, 2006
  7. frankg

    Tony Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in message

    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-01-18, frankg <> wrote:
    >>> when there is no option to 'print this page' or a downloadable pdf, how
    >>> do
    >>> you fit the web page to a standard lerr size sheet? I've tried selecting
    >>> the
    >>> option "scale to fit" but the the pages are always cut off on the right
    >>> side. I've tried reducing to 75% but that just makes the page smaller
    >>> (75%)
    >>> but still has the right side missing. How do you do it?

    >> In Opera 8.51 on my Linux system I just type P ... what software do you
    >> use? Do the pages look 'right' in 'print preview'? Have you tried both
    >> 'landscape' and 'portrait'? Are you using the latest 'drivers' for your
    >> printer? Do you get similar problems when printing from your word
    >> processor or e-mail or image programs? Does the paper actually in the
    >> printer match the size you have selected in the settings on your
    >> computer?
    >>

    > no other problems, new printer
    > in print preview they're also cut off

    What make of printer have you got? Canon do a tool bar Called Easy-WebPrint
    (http://www.canoneasywebprint.com/en/ ) that helps to makes sure the page
    prints without cutting the edge off. It only works with Canon printers
    though.

    Otherwise you could print landscape instead of Portrait.
    Tony, Jan 18, 2006