    warpsix Guest

    Does anybody know how to print the contents of a folder using Windows XP
    professional 64-bit edition. by the way it's a USB HP printer.

    warpsix, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 16, 2005

  3. Thank you Andre, that web site was the ticket. A friend of mine has been
    moaning about this for years (ever since fileman disappeared). I modified the
    SendTo batch file mentioned on the page to save the directory list to a temp
    file then print the temp file using notepad. Here is the text.

    Dir %1 > %temp%\DirList.txt
    %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe /p %temp%\dirlist.txt
    cls

    Using notepad, save those three lines, in a file called "Directory
    Printer.bat" (name is really irrelevant but it needs the .bat extension) in
    your "SendTo" folder. After that you can right click any folder in any
    windows browser and the select SendTo - Directory Printer. Obviously this
    saves the text in a temp file but that could come in handy too.

    =?Utf-8?B?SW50ZWxfRmFu?=, Jun 17, 2005
  4. warpsix

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Fan.

    You might also find this KB article interesting:
    How to add the Print Directory feature for folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

    I haven't tried it in x64, but it should work. Let us know if you try it.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Adding it to send to is a nice touch. As for the temp file, it really
    _should_ clean up after itself.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 17, 2005
  6. You are welcome :)
    --
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005
  7. Ok, same thing with an extra line to delete the temp file.

    Dir %1 > %temp%\DirList.txt
    %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe /p %temp%\dirlist.txt
    del %temp%\DirList.txt
    cls

    =?Utf-8?B?SW50ZWxfRmFu?=, Jun 17, 2005
  8. :)