    4x6. So, in Photoshop, should I be adjusting the DPI or the image size? I've
    never quite figure this out.

    Mark
    Mark Handy, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Mark Handy

    Mark Handy Guest

    Hi,
    I've seen that, but what does it do for DPI, or doesn't that matter
    for printing?

    "Jorge Alvarez" <> wrote in message
    > > I've got a colour printer (Canon S530D), and for photo's only print

    on

    Mark Handy, Jul 12, 2003

  3. > I've got a colour printer (Canon S530D), and for photo's only print on

    Jorge Alvarez, Jul 12, 2003
  4. Mark Handy

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Mark Handy" arcturis_no_spam@rogers_get_bent.com

    >I've got a colour printer (Canon S530D), and for photo's only print on
    >4x6. So, in Photoshop, should I be adjusting the DPI or the image size? I've
    >never quite figure this out.

    Image > Image Size and un-check "resample image" and enter 6 or 4 in the proper
    box and see what the dpi is. If it's anything reasonable you're good to print.
    If your aspect ratio isn't 3:2 to start with you need to crop to the right
    aspect ratio as well.
    Bill Hilton, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Mark Handy

    Mark Handy Guest

    Ok thanks, I tried that, the DPI is over 325. I'm going to start converting
    to tiff before I print, just to ensure I'm getting the best quality as
    possible. I just tried a print with the dpi set to 600 then cropped to 6x4,
    and that made a huge difference in print quality.

    Mark

    Mark Handy, Jul 12, 2003