    friend?

    Best regards
    Peter

    rack, Nov 21, 2005

  2. rack

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:43:06 +0100, in message
     <4382234b$0$67255$>, rack wrote:

    > It seems one of my friends is experiencing printing problems using
    > Firefox 1.07 Danish.

    Which operating system?

    > The printer prints the entire webpage - just in
    > bits and pieces. Each frame prints on a seperate piece of paper and
    > there is no option in the print menu to print "as layed out on screen".

    I am using Firefox 1.0.7 on Windows 98. The command "File -> Print"
    brings up a print dialog with the following in the bottom left corner

    -----Print Frames-----
    ( ) As laid out on the screen
    ( ) The selected frame
    ( ) Each frame separately

    If your friend is running Firefox on Windows, what does your friend see there?

    > I have that option on Deerpark Alpha.

    I have that option on 1.0.7 Windows version.

    Ralph Fox, Nov 22, 2005

  3. rack

    rack Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:43:06 +0100, in message
    > <4382234b$0$67255$>, rack wrote:
    >

    >>It seems one of my friends is experiencing printing problems using
    >>Firefox 1.07 Danish.

    > Which operating system?

    Windows XP. The dialog you are referring to does not appear on his system.

    Best regards
    Peter

    rack, Nov 22, 2005
  4. rack

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:38:37 +0100, in message
     <4382f52e$0$67263$>, rack wrote:

    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    > > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:43:06 +0100, in message
    > > <4382234b$0$67255$>, rack wrote:
    > >

    > >>It seems one of my friends is experiencing printing problems using
    > >>Firefox 1.07 Danish.

    > > Which operating system?
    > >

    > Windows XP.

    --unsnip--

    > The command "File -> Print" brings up a print dialog
    > with the following in the bottom left corner
    >
    > -----Print Frames-----
    > ( ) As laid out on the screen
    > ( ) The selected frame
    > ( ) Each frame separately
    >

    > The dialog you are referring to does not appear on his system.

    So what is it that happens when he selects the
    menu command "File -> Print..." ???

    If he doesn't get a "Print" dialog at all, what does he get?

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before

    Ralph Fox, Nov 22, 2005
  5. rack

    rack Guest

    > So what is it that happens when he selects the
    > menu command "File -> Print..." ???
    >
    > If he doesn't get a "Print" dialog at all, what does he get?

    The print dialog appears, but does not contain the options to select layout.

    rack, Nov 23, 2005
  6. rack

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:04:22 +0100, in message
     <43849307$0$78283$>, rack wrote:

    > > So what is it that happens when he selects the
    > > menu command "File -> Print..." ???
    > >
    > > If he doesn't get a "Print" dialog at all, what does he get?
    > >

    > The print dialog appears, but does not contain the options to select layout.

    1. Enter the following in the URL bar

    chrome://global/locale/printdialog.properties

    2. Scroll down to the bottom. What does it say?

    My English version of Firefox says this:

    | #-----------------------------------------------------------
    | # Note: IMPORTANT!
    | #
    | # Set "extend" to false to get the native platform dialog
    | #
    | # Set "extend" to true to have the native dialog extended with
    | # the "Print Frames" Frame group box
    | #-----------------------------------------------------------
    | #
    | extend=true
    | PrintFrames=Print Frames
    | Aslaid=As &laid out on the screen
    | selectedframe=The selected &frame
    | Eachframe=&Each frame separately
    | options=Options

    3. On my Firefox 1.07 English (locale = en-US), the
    configuration file "printdialog.properties" is inside the
    .jar file "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\en-US.jar".
    (FYI, WinZip can open .jar files.)

    Your friend's Firefox 1.0.7 Danish most certainly has
    a different locale, so your friend may need to look
    in a different .jar file.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.

    Ralph Fox, Nov 24, 2005
  7. rack

    rack Guest

    > Your friend's Firefox 1.0.7 Danish most certainly has
    > a different locale, so your friend may need to look
    > in a different .jar file.

    I'll try that, thx! If this doesn't make way for fixing the problem,
    I'll return.

    /Peter

    rack, Nov 24, 2005
  8. rack

    rack Guest

    Thank you Ralph :) It solved the problem

    /Peter

    rack, Nov 26, 2005
  9. rack

    Ralph Fox Guest