Printing problems on a Home Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?aGlnaGJ1cnkzMTc=?=, May 3, 2005.

  1. PC o/s Win Me connected to the wireless ADSL router via a LAN card and
    ethernet connection.

    Printer is attached to the PC via USB port.

    Laptop Win XP Home SP-2 is connected to PC & ADSL via wireless
    adaptor.

    All the required folders are set for sharing and can be
    seen on the laptop in network places, documents can be viewed and edited.

    Printer cannot be seen in 'My Network Places' on the laptop, but appears as
    a network printer in 'printers & faxes'.

    Printer drivers on loaded onto both machines.

    Zonealarm is on pc, McAfee is on the laptop.

    Laptop IP address has been added to the trusted zone on Zonealarm.

    The problem I have is that I cannot print documents from the laptop.

    Can you help.

    =?Utf-8?B?aGlnaGJ1cnkzMTc=?=, May 3, 2005

  2. Check printer name is 13 or less letters/numbers with NO SPACES in it.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), May 3, 2005

  3. The printer name is less than 13 letters and without spaces.

    =?Utf-8?B?aGlnaGJ1cnkzMTc=?=, May 4, 2005