    And I don't seem to be able to crop the photos on the camera's SD card.

    Is there some way around this problem? Otherwise, the printer is worth
    little to me -- even if it's free.

    Ray, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Ray

    Victek Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in message
    news:aYdji.8937$DM4.5611@trndny06...
    > Recently I purchased a new camera, and it included a free (after those
    > wretched rebates) picture printer -- a Lexmark Polaroid P310.
    >
    > But as far as I can tell, all it prints is unedited photos directly from
    > the camera.
    >
    > And I don't seem to be able to crop the photos on the camera's SD card.
    >
    > Is there some way around this problem? Otherwise, the printer is worth
    > little to me -- even if it's free.

    You could edit the pictures on a computer, copy them back to the SD card,
    put it in the camera and then print. That's a pretty inconvenient
    workaround though.

    Victek, Jul 6, 2007

  3. "Victek" <> wrote in message

    > "Ray" <> wrote in message
    >> Recently I purchased a new camera, and it included a free (after those
    >> wretched rebates) picture printer -- a Lexmark Polaroid P310.
    >>
    >> But as far as I can tell, all it prints is unedited photos directly from
    >> the camera.
    >>
    >> And I don't seem to be able to crop the photos on the camera's SD card.
    >>
    >> Is there some way around this problem? Otherwise, the printer is worth
    >> little to me -- even if it's free.
    >>

    > You could edit the pictures on a computer, copy them back to the SD card,
    > put it in the camera and then print. That's a pretty inconvenient
    > workaround though.

    One possible problem with this. Many cameras will not recognize an edited
    image on the card and thus if the printer is using the camera to read the
    card, an edited image may not be findable by the camera to print. The above
    suggested idea is worth a try, but don't be suprized if the printer can not
    find the edited image.

    The best way to print an edited image is for the printer to be connected to
    the computer and printed from there. If the printer is only able to connect
    to the camera you may be out of luck. Of course you can keep the free
    printer for quickly printing "snapshots" that don't have to be edited, and a
    seperate printer for printing the photos you have edited and connected to
    the computer. Remember that when concerning "free extra gifts" you
    frequently get what you pay for. :)

    For some family gatherings I wish I had a small, inexpensive (read, one I am
    not too concerned about bouncing around in my car or camera bag) printer
    that connects directly to the camera that I could take along for those
    inevidable "OOooo I want a print of THAT one" moments. While I can keep my
    good printer at home. I know there are such printers available but I have
    not (as yet) allotted the requred funds for one. ;)

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Ray

    Ray Guest

    Thanks -- that makes sense.

    This printer I have is fairly small -- about the size of a small boombox and
    also very light. It has a handle. I got it at Ritz Camera.

    I suspect that eventually I'll give it away or throw it away.

    -- Ray

    Ray, Jul 6, 2007
  5. Ray

    Guest

    On Jul 5, 6:07 pm, "Ray" <> wrote:
    > Recently I purchased a new camera, and it included a free (after those
    > wretched rebates) picture printer -- a Lexmark Polaroid P310.
    >
    > But as far as I can tell, all it prints is unedited photos directly from the
    > camera.
    >
    > And I don't seem to be able to crop the photos on the camera's SD card.
    >
    > Is there some way around this problem? Otherwise, the printer is worth
    > little to me -- even if it's free.

    Connect the printer to your computer, probably USB, have an
    inexpensive viewer editor on the computer, Irfanview, Picassa and
    manage the files from there. The problem with printing from cards is
    that you don't have editing facilites. If you don't have a computer
    you are probably out of luck, just try to be a little tighter on the
    framing of your pics. Had a friend with a Kodak digital and a docking
    station, she used it like a Polaroid camera, take a pic or two print
    them out.
    Storing pics on a flash card is not a good solution, a computer HD is
    better.

    Tom

    , Jul 6, 2007
  6. Ray

    Guest

    On Jul 5, 6:07 pm, "Ray" <> wrote:
    > Recently I purchased a new camera, and it included a free (after those
    > wretched rebates) picture printer -- a Lexmark Polaroid P310.
    >
    > But as far as I can tell, all it prints is unedited photos directly from the
    > camera.
    >
    > And I don't seem to be able to crop the photos on the camera's SD card.
    >
    > Is there some way around this problem? Otherwise, the printer is worth
    > little to me -- even if it's free.

    Connect the printer to your computer, probably USB, have an
    inexpensive viewer editor on the computer, Irfanview, Picassa and
    manage the files from there. The problem with printing from cards is
    that you don't have editing facilites. If you don't have a computer
    you are probably out of luck, just try to be a little tighter on the
    framing of your pics. Had a friend with a Kodak digital and a docking
    station, she used it like a Polaroid camera, take a pic or two print
    them out.
    Storing pics on a flash card is not a good solution, a computer HD is
    better.

    Tom

    , Jul 6, 2007
  7. wrote on Fri, 06 Jul 2007
    05:43:36 -0700:

    tcm> Storing pics on a flash card is not a good solution, a
    tcm> computer HD is better.

    Given the current prices, you could afford to devote a medium
    size USB hard disc to photo storage and even demount it for
    safety when you were not using it.

    James Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland

    E-mail, with obvious alterations:
    not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

    James Silverton, Jul 6, 2007
  8. On Jul 6, 4:09 am, "Ray" <> wrote:
    > Thanks -- that makes sense.
    >
    > This printer I have is fairly small -- about the size of a small boombox and
    > also very light. It has a handle. I got it at Ritz Camera.
    >
    > I suspect that eventually I'll give it away or throw it away.
    >
    > -- Ray
    >
    > "Randy Berbaum" <> wrote in message

    > > "Victek" <> wrote in message

    > >> "Ray" <> wrote in message

    > >> You could edit the pictures on a computer, copy them back to the SD card,
    > >> put it in the camera and then print. That's a pretty inconvenient
    > >> workaround though.

    > > One possible problem with this. Many cameras will not recognize an edited
    > > image on the card and thus if the printer is using the camera to read the
    > > card, an edited image may not be findable by the camera to print. The
    > > above suggested idea is worth a try, but don't be suprized if the printer
    > > can not find the edited image.

    > > The best way to print an edited image is for the printer to be connected
    > > to the computer and printed from there. If the printer is only able to
    > > connect to the camera you may be out of luck. Of course you can keep the
    > > free printer for quickly printing "snapshots" that don't have to be
    > > edited, and a seperate printer for printing the photos you have edited and
    > > connected to the computer. Remember that when concerning "free extra
    > > gifts" you frequently get what you pay for. :)

    > > For some family gatherings I wish I had a small, inexpensive (read, one I
    > > am not too concerned about bouncing around in my car or camera bag)
    > > printer that connects directly to the camera that I could take along for
    > > those inevidable "OOooo I want a print of THAT one" moments. While I can
    > > keep my good printer at home. I know there are such printers available but
    > > I have not (as yet) allotted the requred funds for one. ;)

    > > Randy

    > > ==========
    > > Randy Berbaum
    > > Champaign, IL

    Ray, do you have a computer, or do you access the group via a third
    party.

    If you do have a computer, try "installing" the printer on the
    computer. There are decent free or low cost photo editors- you do not
    need to spend megabucks for Photoshop.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Jul 6, 2007
  9. Ray

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 22:07:02 GMT, "Ray" <>
    wrote:

    >Recently I purchased a new camera, and it included a free (after those
    >wretched rebates) picture printer -- a Lexmark Polaroid P310.
    >
    >But as far as I can tell, all it prints is unedited photos directly from the
    >camera.
    >
    >And I don't seem to be able to crop the photos on the camera's SD card.
    >
    >Is there some way around this problem? Otherwise, the printer is worth
    >little to me -- even if it's free.

    I Googled this printer, and from what I could find, it's a Pictbridge
    only printer.
    That means it won't print from a computer, only from Pictbridge
    cameras through a USB cable.
    If you can find software that will let you edit pics then upoload them
    to your camera's memory car din a format that your camera will accept,
    then you can print your edited pics.
    I know there's a fellow here on RPD who has such software; if he sees
    this, maybe he'll chime in.

    Al Gore's son was pulled over by cops in Southern
    California Tuesday going one hundred miles an hour
    in his Prius. He had marijuana, Valium, Xanax and
    Vicodin in the car. The Los Angeles Times headline
    read, Prius Goes One Hundred Miles an Hour.

    Bill Funk, Jul 6, 2007