    don't need any thing else just a simple program that will crop my photo to
    make it borderless for printing.

    regards Keith
    Keith Hampson, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Keith Hampson <> wrote:
    : I have a printer that will do borderless printing, I would like to
    : print some of my photos off, but in various sizes like A4, 10 x 8,
    : 7 x 5 and 6 x 4 and so on, I would like a piece of software that will
    : allow me to do this, I don't need any thing else just a simple program
    : that will crop my photo to make it borderless for printing.

    Almost any photo editor will allow you to crop the image. Finding an
    editor that will ONLY crop an image would be impossible. It would be like
    asking for a car with only a reverse gear. You may only need to go in
    reverse but finding one that only has that one gear would not work. But
    since most any edito will do the job you want and there are many good
    editors that are inexpensive (or even free) you shouldn't have a problem.
    Cropping an image for a borderless print is the same process as cropping
    to any other size. Just crop to the exact dimensions (or even one or two
    pixels oversize to account for the overprint past the edges of the paper).

    My advice is to try the various editors to see which one works best for
    you. Start at the free end and work your way up the price range until you
    find one that fits you. One good place to start is Irfanview (just do a
    search for that name).

    One more thought. One program that I have that is handy in some situations
    is Qimage. It does cost, but you can arrange a bunch of images of various
    size on a single sheet (think of all those school photo sheets). This will
    allow you to use less expensive 8.5 x 11 sheets when you are doing large
    numbers of smaller photos. If you uncheck the "borders" setting all the
    images printed will be sized to fit the dimensions without any border. The
    reason I got this program was that it will also do wonderful multi page
    poster prints.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL
    Randy Berbaum, Mar 17, 2006

  3. Keith Hampson

    Colin D Guest

    Keith Hampson wrote:

    > I have a printer that will do borderless printing, I would like to print
    > some of my photos off, but in various sizes like A4, 10 x 8, 7 x 5 and 6 x 4
    > and so on, I would like a piece of software that will allow me to do this, I
    > don't need any thing else just a simple program that will crop my photo to
    > make it borderless for printing.
    >
    > regards Keith

    The software will need to be able to resize as well as crop, if you want
    to print a full frame image. When you ask it to print, it will invoke
    the printer management driver program that came with the printer, and
    that program should give you the options for borderless prints.

    Try Irfanview, a free imaging program from http://www.irfanview.com

    Colin D.
    Colin D, Mar 17, 2006
  4. Keith Hampson

    Darrel Guest

    On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:58:14 -0000, "Keith Hampson"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a printer that will do borderless printing, I would like to print
    >some of my photos off, but in various sizes like A4, 10 x 8, 7 x 5 and 6 x 4
    >and so on, I would like a piece of software that will allow me to do this, I
    >don't need any thing else just a simple program that will crop my photo to
    >make it borderless for printing.
    >
    >regards Keith

    The program I like for something like that is PhotoELF.
    www.photoelf.com
    Darrel, Mar 17, 2006
  5. Keith Hampson

    Marvin Guest

    Keith Hampson wrote:
    > I have a printer that will do borderless printing, I would like to print
    > some of my photos off, but in various sizes like A4, 10 x 8, 7 x 5 and 6 x 4
    > and so on, I would like a piece of software that will allow me to do this, I
    > don't need any thing else just a simple program that will crop my photo to
    > make it borderless for printing.
    >
    > regards Keith

    Kodak's EasyShare software (from kodak.com) is free and will
    do these operations. It has built-in settings for many
    printers with Kodak's papers, but you can override the
    settings if you prefer.
    Marvin, Mar 17, 2006