Printing photos with white borders

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dory, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Dory

    Dory Guest

    I love photos that have a narrow white border around it.

    Currently, I print my photos using 4x6 (4R) premium glossy photo paper
    sheets.
    I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
    PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
    most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
    white borders on 4R photo paper.

    Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
    print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
    would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.

    Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
    the shooting date at the side.

    I need to print out many photos so solutions like using imaging
    editing software to add white borders would not be ideal for me.

    Appreciate your recommendations. Thanks.

    Dory

    Dory, Aug 6, 2004

  2. (Dory) wrote in

    > I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
    > PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
    > most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
    > white borders on 4R photo paper.
    >
    > Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
    > print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
    > would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.
    >
    > Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
    > the shooting date at the side.
    >
    > I need to print out many photos so solutions like using imaging
    > editing software to add white borders would not be ideal for me.

    You can use the printing software Qimage to do this.

    The only difference to your specification is that you will get
    name plus size, date and time from the EXIF info, not only date.

    I always use Qimage to print - it is very convenient.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Dory

    Bob Headrick Guest

    "Dory" <> wrote in message
    > I love photos that have a narrow white border around it.
    >
    > Currently, I print my photos using 4x6 (4R) premium glossy photo paper
    > sheets.
    > I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
    > PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
    > most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
    > white borders on 4R photo paper.
    >
    > Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
    > print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
    > would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.
    >
    > Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
    > the shooting date at the side.

    You might check out Photo Paper Saver, I think it will do what you want
    including printing the date. There is a shareware version available from:
    http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/27/2782.htm or search for "Photo Paper Saver"
    in Google.

    The shareware version only lets you print two pages at a time but registration
    is $20 for the full features. You can put user definable borders of whatever
    size you want in any color (including white) and also print various optional
    information on the photo in user selected font type, size and color. I find it
    useful for printing multiple prints on A size paper as it will lay out the
    prints to optimize paper usage.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

    Bob Headrick, Aug 6, 2004
  4. On 6 Aug 2004 14:07:08 GMT, Roland Karlsson
    <> wrote:

    > (Dory) wrote in
    >
    >> I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
    >> PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
    >> most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
    >> white borders on 4R photo paper.
    >>
    >> Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
    >> print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
    >> would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.
    >>
    >> Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
    >> the shooting date at the side.
    >>
    >> I need to print out many photos so solutions like using imaging
    >> editing software to add white borders would not be ideal for me.

    >You can use the printing software Qimage to do this.
    >
    >The only difference to your specification is that you will get
    >name plus size, date and time from the EXIF info, not only date.
    >
    >I always use Qimage to print - it is very convenient.
    >

    >/Roland

    If you have any software that will let you adjust 'Canvass Size' this
    can be used to get your white border. I use 'Photoshop' to accomplish
    this quite easily.

    E. Barry Bruyea, Aug 9, 2004