    are printed on an Epson 2400 printer.

    Thanks for the help.

    , Jun 7, 2008

  2. Guest

    On Jun 7, 4:13 pm, "" <> wrote:
    > I would like to print some black & white images on paper that would be
    > similar to effect obtained by printing silver-process images on air
    > dried glass paper. I can't spot any paper in the Epson line that
    > promises to do that. I have been using Epson premium photo paper
    > luster. It's OK, but not as smooth as the old air-dried glossy. Epson
    > has a new paper: Exhibition fiber paper. Will this some closer to what
    > I am looking for? Or do we have to go to non-epson papers? The images
    > are printed on an Epson 2400 printer.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.

    Let me answer my own question. The most recent issue of Photo
    Techniques has an article on this very topic. It recommends 5 papers,
    one of which is made by Epson, I am sorry I did not see the article
    before sending the original message. Enjoy.

    Mark Schupack

    , Jun 11, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Jun 16, 2:15 pm, John McWilliams <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On Jun 7, 4:13 pm, "" <> wrote:
    > >> I would like to print some black & white images on paper that would be
    > >> similar to effect obtained by printing silver-process images on air
    > >> dried glass paper. I can't spot any paper in the Epson line that
    > >> promises to do that. I have been using Epson premium photo paper
    > >> luster. It's OK, but not as smooth as the old air-dried glossy. Epson
    > >> has a new paper: Exhibition fiber paper. Will this some closer to what
    > >> I am looking for? Or do we have to go to non-epson papers? The images
    > >> are printed on an Epson 2400 printer.

    > >> Thanks for the help.

    > > Let me answer my own question. The most recent issue of Photo
    > > Techniques has an article on this very topic. It recommends 5 papers,
    > > one of which is made by Epson, I am sorry I did not see the article
    > > before sending the original message. Enjoy.

    > > Mark Schupack

    > Could you please share same with the NG?
    > --
    > John McWilliams

    More information: The 5 papers are: Harman Gloss FB AL, Canon
    Polished Rag, Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325, Epson Exhibition Fiber
    (the one I am trying to use), and Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk,
    While all were judged very good, they do differ in their
    characteristics. If you are going to do much of this, it probably pays
    to spend a little time comparing the papers.

    Mark Schupack

    , Jun 16, 2008