Printing panoramics

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cynicor, Apr 3, 2006.

  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    I have this big panorama of SF that I've asked about a couple of times
    here. One more question! I'd like to print it out at 78x12". I don't
    have my own photo printer. Does anyone know of a service that can print
    any size photo like this? If so, are you happy with their results?
    Thanks all.
    Cynicor, Apr 3, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Cynicor

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:18:26 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >I have this big panorama of SF that I've asked about a couple of times
    >here. One more question! I'd like to print it out at 78x12". I don't
    >have my own photo printer. Does anyone know of a service that can print
    >any size photo like this? If so, are you happy with their results?
    >Thanks all.


    Since smugmug hosts your images, why haven't you started with them?
    ________________________________________________________
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Apr 3, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Cynicor

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Apr 3, 2006
    #3
  4. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Ed Ruf wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:18:26 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I have this big panorama of SF that I've asked about a couple of times
    >>here. One more question! I'd like to print it out at 78x12". I don't
    >>have my own photo printer. Does anyone know of a service that can print
    >>any size photo like this? If so, are you happy with their results?
    >>Thanks all.

    >
    > Since smugmug hosts your images, why haven't you started with them?


    I don't think they print off-size panos. I can drop them a line and
    check though.
    Cynicor, Apr 3, 2006
    #4
  5. Cynicor

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:02:52 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >Ed Ruf wrote:
    >> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:18:26 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I have this big panorama of SF that I've asked about a couple of times
    >>>here. One more question! I'd like to print it out at 78x12". I don't
    >>>have my own photo printer. Does anyone know of a service that can print
    >>>any size photo like this? If so, are you happy with their results?
    >>>Thanks all.

    >>
    >> Since smugmug hosts your images, why haven't you started with them?

    >
    >I don't think they print off-size panos. I can drop them a line and
    >check though.


    They do 6" and 12" by whatever's iirc.
    ________________________________________________________
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Apr 3, 2006
    #5
  6. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Ed Ruf wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:02:52 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Ed Ruf wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:18:26 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    >>><> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>I have this big panorama of SF that I've asked about a couple of times
    >>>>here. One more question! I'd like to print it out at 78x12". I don't
    >>>>have my own photo printer. Does anyone know of a service that can print
    >>>>any size photo like this? If so, are you happy with their results?
    >>>>Thanks all.
    >>>
    >>>Since smugmug hosts your images, why haven't you started with them?

    >>
    >>I don't think they print off-size panos. I can drop them a line and
    >>check though.

    >
    >
    > They do 6" and 12" by whatever's iirc.


    I can't find it - the best I can find is 30x40 with a LOT of trimming.
    Cynicor, Apr 3, 2006
    #6
  7. Cynicor

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:43:03 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    <> wrote:


    >> They do 6" and 12" by whatever's iirc.

    >
    >I can't find it - the best I can find is 30x40 with a LOT of trimming.


    Sorry, memory failed me. It was EZPrints I was thinking of. No
    experience with them yet.
    http://www.ezprints.com/ezdirect/products.asp?Type=Panorama
    ________________________________________________________
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Apr 3, 2006
    #7
  8. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Ed Ruf wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:43:03 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>>They do 6" and 12" by whatever's iirc.

    >>
    >>I can't find it - the best I can find is 30x40 with a LOT of trimming.

    >
    > Sorry, memory failed me. It was EZPrints I was thinking of. No
    > experience with them yet.
    > http://www.ezprints.com/ezdirect/products.asp?Type=Panorama


    Smugmug just wrote back to me - they use EZPrints for their printing,
    and advised me to go to them directly.
    Cynicor, Apr 3, 2006
    #8
  9. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > Ed Ruf wrote:
    >
    >> Cynicor <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>> They do 6" and 12" by whatever's iirc.
    >>>
    >>> I can't find it - the best I can find is 30x40 with a LOT of trimming.

    >>
    >> Sorry, memory failed me. It was EZPrints I was thinking of. No
    >> experience with them yet.
    >> http://www.ezprints.com/ezdirect/products.asp?Type=Panorama

    >
    > Smugmug just wrote back to me - they use EZPrints for their printing,
    > and advised me to go to them directly.


    Anyway...

    www.pixeloutpost.com was $185.00 for 72x11 (satin finish).
    www.ezprints.com was $29.25 for 78x12 (satin finish).

    Hmmmm. Which one should I use? Hmmmm.
    Cynicor, Apr 3, 2006
    #9
  10. On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:06:45 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >Cynicor wrote:
    >> Ed Ruf wrote:
    >>
    >>> Cynicor <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>> They do 6" and 12" by whatever's iirc.
    >>>>
    >>>> I can't find it - the best I can find is 30x40 with a LOT of trimming.
    >>>
    >>> Sorry, memory failed me. It was EZPrints I was thinking of. No
    >>> experience with them yet.
    >>> http://www.ezprints.com/ezdirect/products.asp?Type=Panorama

    >>
    >> Smugmug just wrote back to me - they use EZPrints for their printing,
    >> and advised me to go to them directly.


    That's what I was remembering! That makes me feel a bit better.

    >Anyway...
    >
    >www.pixeloutpost.com was $185.00 for 72x11 (satin finish).
    >www.ezprints.com was $29.25 for 78x12 (satin finish).
    >
    >Hmmmm. Which one should I use? Hmmmm.


    What have you really got to lose giving exprints a try?
    I'm not sure it wouldn't cost me close to that much to print on my R800.
    If it turns out to satisfy your needs, that's quite a savings. I recently
    had some "free" prints made a shutterfly and they came out ok.

    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Apr 3, 2006
    #10
  11. Cynicor

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    >I have this big panorama of SF that I've asked about a couple of times
    >here. One more question! I'd like to print it out at 78x12". I don't have
    >my own photo printer. Does anyone know of a service that can print any size
    >photo like this? If so, are you happy with their results? Thanks all.


    You could ask around locally. Someone's bound to have an Epson and some
    roll paper.

    Steve
    Steve Wolfe, Apr 3, 2006
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Annika1980

    PANORAMICS LOVE THE 20D !!!

    Annika1980, Nov 9, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    448
    MarkĀ²
    Nov 12, 2004
  2. Annika1980

    SPEAKING OF PANORAMICS ....

    Annika1980, Nov 22, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    327
    Hugh Jorgan
    Nov 22, 2004
  3. joe mama

    best digital for panoramics

    joe mama, Feb 3, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    728
    Alfred Molon
    Feb 4, 2006
  4. Brandy

    What tripod/head to use for panoramics?

    Brandy, May 4, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    799
    Scott W
    May 5, 2006
  5. Replies:
    6
    Views:
    436
    Rudy Benner
    May 29, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page