    Windows?

    cheers

    the luddite

    Paul Bennett, Dec 3, 2005

  2. Paul Bennett

    Andy Wilson Guest

    press [Alt] and [Prt Scr] while viewing your files in explorer then past the
    image into Notepad, Word or similar software and print.

    Andy Wilson

    Andy Wilson, Dec 3, 2005

  3. Paul Bennett

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:47:15 -0000, Paul Bennett wrote:

    >I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
    >order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
    >know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window

    What window?

    Too much information?

    >that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
    >know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
    >but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
    >Windows?

    Printing directory listings, hmmm, well you could try the often
    mentioned (in 24HSHD ,
    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk? ) Karen's
    Directory Printer
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/

    If you search for directory listing / directory printer you may well
    find other apps.

    Me

    why?, Dec 3, 2005
  4. Paul Bennett

    James Guest

    > I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
    > order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
    > know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window
    > that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
    > know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
    > but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
    > Windows?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > the luddite

    Easiest way to do it would be to go into DOS, go to the directory and type

    dir >mp3list.txt

    You should now have a .txt file of all the mp3s in that directory. You can
    play around with the dir options to get a layout you prefer.

    James, Dec 3, 2005
  5. These programs do not print the screen, but they will produce a list of
    tunes on your CD. Sorry I do not have the links for 2 of the 3 programs...
    good friend Google...
    ------------------------
    PrintFolder Pro

    Disc To Text

    ---------------------------------------

    File List Generator

    http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/

    At 47k, it does a great deal....

    -----------------------------

    Neville

    Neville Denetto, Dec 3, 2005
  6. Paul Bennett

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Paul Bennett" <> wrote in

    > I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
    > order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I
    > want to know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles
    > from the window that they are in so that I can keep the printout with
    > the disc so that I know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a
    > clumsy way of doing it but there you go.is there something I can
    > download or can I do it within Windows?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > the luddite

    MAC - Mpeg Audio Collection - prints CD covers with a list of mp3s. It
    also does an excellent job of keeping track of all of your mp3s on CDs or
    DVDs. It's free and open source.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac/

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Dec 3, 2005
  7. Paul Bennett

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:50:53 GMT, Andy Wilson wrote:

    >press [Alt] and [Prt Scr] while viewing your files in explorer then past the
    >image into Notepad, Word or similar software and print.

    Missing an 'e' :)

    Not notepad.

    >Andy Wilson
    >

    >"Paul Bennett" <> wrote in message
    >> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
    >> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
    >> know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 3, 2005
  8. Paul Bennett

    why? Guest

    On 03 Dec 2005 17:25:48 GMT, fred-bloggs wrote:

    >"Paul Bennett" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
    >> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I
    >> want to know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles
    >> from the window that they are in so that I can keep the printout with

    <snip>

    >> the luddite
    >>

    >MAC - Mpeg Audio Collection - prints CD covers with a list of mp3s. It
    >also does an excellent job of keeping track of all of your mp3s on CDs or
    >DVDs. It's free and open source.
    >http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac/

    Nice, added to bookmarks.

    Thanks
    Me

    why?, Dec 3, 2005
  9. Paul Bennett

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Dec 4, 2005
  10. Paul Bennett

    old jon Guest

    > I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
    > order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
    > know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window
    > that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
    > know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
    > but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
    > Windows?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > the luddite

    `Print Folders` is one way.