    Is it more cost-effective to print or copy? I assumed printing and copying
    used a similar method in getting toner to stick? Anyone know?

    Gay

    brazen, Jan 12, 2006

  2. brazen

    EMB Guest

    brazen wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've got a multifunction laser printer/copier, and a large print/copying run
    > to do.
    >
    > Is it more cost-effective to print or copy? I assumed printing and copying
    > used a similar method in getting toner to stick? Anyone know?

    Should be the same either way. Depending on the length of the run, and
    the page cost of your printer it might be a fair bit cheaper to get it
    done at a copy centre.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Jan 12, 2006

  3. On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:10:55 +1300, brazen
    <> wrote in

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've got a multifunction laser printer/copier, and a large print/copying run
    > to do.
    >
    > Is it more cost-effective to print or copy? I assumed printing and copying
    > used a similar method in getting toner to stick? Anyone know?
    >
    > Gay

    Need more information - number of copies, type of copy (text, spot colour,
    pictures, what?) - print density (approx % of paper covered by ink/toner)
    and after-treatment (single sheet, collate, bind, fold, mail)

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Pricelessware 2006 CD now available.
    E-Mail for details: raptor740.gmail@com (swap "." and "@")

    .... Love is free. The results often aren't for the first 18 years.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 12, 2006
  4. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:10:55 +1300, brazen
    > <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I've got a multifunction laser printer/copier, and a large print/copying
    >> run
    >> to do.
    >>
    >> Is it more cost-effective to print or copy? I assumed printing and
    >> copying
    >> used a similar method in getting toner to stick? Anyone know?
    >>
    >> Gay

    > Need more information - number of copies,

    500

    type of copy (text, spot colour,
    > pictures, what?)

    mostly text, with one 7cm sq greyscale pic

    - print density (approx % of paper covered by ink/toner)

    bugger knows - a not too chunky letter.

    > and after-treatment (single sheet, collate, bind, fold, mail)

    just a single sheet, nothing more

    Gay

    brazen, Jan 12, 2006
  5. brazen

    steve Guest

    brazen wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've got a multifunction laser printer/copier, and a large print/copying
    > run to do.
    >
    > Is it more cost-effective to print or copy? I assumed printing and copying
    > used a similar method in getting toner to stick? Anyone know?

    The toner should be almost identical if the image is the same one

    steve, Jan 12, 2006
  6. On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:42:46 +1300, brazen
    <> wrote in

    > "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:10:55 +1300, brazen
    >> <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hi there,
    >>>
    >>> I've got a multifunction laser printer/copier, and a large print/copying
    >>> run
    >>> to do.
    >>>
    >>> Is it more cost-effective to print or copy? I assumed printing and
    >>> copying
    >>> used a similar method in getting toner to stick? Anyone know?
    >>>
    >>> Gay

    >> Need more information - number of copies,

    > 500
    >
    > type of copy (text, spot colour,
    >> pictures, what?)

    > mostly text, with one 7cm sq greyscale pic
    >
    > - print density (approx % of paper covered by ink/toner)
    >
    > bugger knows - a not too chunky letter.
    >
    >> and after-treatment (single sheet, collate, bind, fold, mail)
    >>

    > just a single sheet, nothing more
    >
    > Gay

    Single sheet, black only, 500 copies - something in the nature of a "lost
    kitten" leaflet, by the sounds of it. I would suggest a small offset
    print shop would probably be the most economical, folowed by your local
    (Warehouse Stationery's?) Copy Centre. To print that sized print run on
    your home printer would be a major undertaking and you would not like the
    cost, either in terms of toner or wear-and-tear on your printer. Home-use
    printers are simply not designed for that level of punishment.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Pricelessware 2006 CD now available.
    E-Mail for details: raptor740.gmail@com (swap "." and "@")

    .... It is not what a teenager knows that bothers hir parents, it is how
    s/he found out.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 13, 2006
  7. brazen

    > On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:42:46 +1300, brazen
    > <> wrote in
    >
    >> "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:10:55 +1300, brazen
    >>> <> wrote in

    >>> Need more information - number of copies,

    >> 500
    >>
    >> type of copy (text, spot colour,
    >>> pictures, what?)

    >> mostly text, with one 7cm sq greyscale pic
    >>
    >> - print density (approx % of paper covered by ink/toner)
    >>
    >> bugger knows - a not too chunky letter.
    >>
    >>> and after-treatment (single sheet, collate, bind, fold, mail)
    >>>

    >> just a single sheet, nothing more
    >>
    >> Gay

    > Single sheet, black only, 500 copies - something in the nature of a "lost
    > kitten" leaflet, by the sounds of it.

    lol, no Nicolaas, business leaflet drop.

    I would suggest a small offset
    > print shop would probably be the most economical, folowed by your local
    > (Warehouse Stationery's?) Copy Centre. To print that sized print run on
    > your home printer would be a major undertaking and you would not like the
    > cost, either in terms of toner or wear-and-tear on your printer. Home-use
    > printers are simply not designed for that level of punishment.

    ???? Its not a home printer its a fairly meaty one, and my old injet did
    that pretty regularly for the 8 years it has been in service. Didnt need
    servicing once.

    All done now, thanks anyway. Since the toner use was much the same we opted
    for photocopying as it was quicker.

    Gay

    brazen, Jan 13, 2006
  8. brazen wrote:
    > "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:42:46 +1300, brazen
    >> <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message

    >>> 500
    >>>
    >>> type of copy (text, spot colour,
    >>> mostly text, with one 7cm sq greyscale pic
    >>>
    >>> - print density (approx % of paper covered by ink/toner)
    >>>
    >>> bugger knows - a not too chunky letter.

    >>> just a single sheet, nothing more
    >>>
    >>> Gay

    >> Single sheet, black only, 500 copies - something in the nature of a "lost
    >> kitten" leaflet, by the sounds of it.

    > lol, no Nicolaas, business leaflet drop.

    Similar-to-same style.

    > I would suggest a small offset print shop would probably be the most economical, folowed by your local
    >> (Warehouse Stationery's?) Copy Centre. To print that sized print run on
    >> your home printer would be a major undertaking and you would not like the
    >> cost, either in terms of toner or wear-and-tear on your printer. Home-use
    >> printers are simply not designed for that level of punishment.
    >>

    > ???? Its not a home printer its a fairly meaty one, and my old injet did
    > that pretty regularly for the 8 years it has been in service. Didnt need
    > servicing once.

    Brave girl. I would not torture a home inkjet like that.

    > All done now, thanks anyway. Since the toner use was much the same we opted
    > for photocopying as it was quicker.

    I think you got it right.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas

    (trying out a new and unfamiliar newsreader 0 so pse xcuse any screw-ups
    ! :)

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 13, 2006
  9. brazen

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > brazen wrote:
    >
    >> "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:42:46 +1300, brazen
    >>> <> wrote in

    >>> Single sheet, black only, 500 copies - something in the nature of a
    >>> "lost
    >>> kitten" leaflet, by the sounds of it.

    >> lol, no Nicolaas, business leaflet drop.

    > Similar-to-same style.
    >

    >> I would suggest a small offset print shop would probably be the most
    >> economical, folowed by your local
    >>
    >>> (Warehouse Stationery's?) Copy Centre. To print that sized print run on
    >>> your home printer would be a major undertaking and you would not like
    >>> the
    >>> cost, either in terms of toner or wear-and-tear on your printer.
    >>> Home-use
    >>> printers are simply not designed for that level of punishment.
    >>>

    >> ???? Its not a home printer its a fairly meaty one, and my old injet
    >> did that pretty regularly for the 8 years it has been in service.
    >> Didnt need servicing once.

    > Brave girl. I would not torture a home inkjet like that.
    >

    >> All done now, thanks anyway. Since the toner use was much the same we
    >> opted for photocopying as it was quicker.

    > I think you got it right.

    Some of the profesinal inkjets would do that job ok but at the cost of a
    ink catrage mine runs at arround 2 & 1/2 reams of paper at $65 of a
    black catrage and 11 for the refill kit I can do 2 refills before I need
    to buy a new catrage. But at work I can do the same job much cheeper and
    at much grater speed at 50cpm.

    Robert Cooze, Jan 13, 2006