    have no problem doing the ipconfig on the desktop from a command prompt but
    this doesn't work on my laptop, it doesn't show anything. thanks for any
    help.. Randy
    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHlwYXBl?=, Nov 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHlwYXBl?=

    Malke Guest

    randypape wrote:

    > hello, i setup my printer for sharing from my desktop. i want to print
    > from my wireless connection through my laptop. when i try to add a new
    > printer with the computer name and printer name to my laptop, it says
    > driver not loaded on source computer . i know it is though because the
    > printer works fine. any ideas? also i have a security program like
    > zonelabs that says i should add the ip address from the laptop into
    > the trusted zone of the program. where do i locate the ip address of
    > my laptop when i'm connected? i have no problem doing the ipconfig on
    > the desktop from a command prompt but this doesn't work on my laptop,
    > it doesn't show anything. thanks for any help.. Randy

    For the printer, install the printer on the laptop from either the cd
    that came with the printer or download the installation program from
    the printer mftr.'s website. Then you'll be able to add the printer to
    the laptop through the Add Printer routine.

    For the firewall, use an IP range for your subnet such as
    subnet.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Nov 8, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHlwYXBl?=

    David Hettel Guest

    What OS is running on your laptop? What happens when you type ipconfig.exe
    on the laptop? Sounds like you may have a problem on the laptop it should
    show something, even if all it shows is it can't find the command.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 9, 2006
  4. win xp and when i put in ipconfig in a command prompt window, nothing comes up
    as far as ip addresses . how do i find my subnet #

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHlwYXBl?=, Nov 10, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHlwYXBl?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Normally you would use ipconfig.exe In theory you should have the same
    subnet as any of the other computers in the network check one of them, I
    would suggest that you try rebuilding the Winsock see this page;
    http://www.soton.ac.uk/iss/computing/net/halls/winsock.html you may also
    want to take a look at this page; http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    David Hettel, Nov 10, 2006