    presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I see
    no ways how to ADD then another image to it.

    Who can help?

    Ritter197, Feb 11, 2005

  2. "Ritter197" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
    > pictures I selected, edited
    > and which are ready for print.
    >
    > I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to

    drag
    > the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
    > presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I

    see
    > no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
    >
    > Who can help?

    Qimage.

    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think at
    this time.

    Ritter197, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Ritter197

    jimkramer Guest

    "Ritter197" <> wrote in message
    >I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
    >pictures I selected, edited
    > and which are ready for print.
    >
    > I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
    > drag
    > the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
    > presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
    > see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
    >
    > Who can help?

    You can't do it the way you are trying to.

    You must create another image file then drag the images you want to print on
    to that. If you want multiples of the same image you can play with the
    File -> Automate -> Picture Package.

    If you are using XP the picture printing will let you print multiple images
    to a page very nicely.

    Jim Kramer

    jimkramer, Feb 11, 2005
  5. Ritter197

    Jeff Guest

    You may wish to try HP's image zone express. Download at:

    http://www.hp.com/united-states/ize/home.html

    It came with my HP 6540 printer, which I have been quite happy with. It is
    simple to use, give it a try.

    Jeff, Feb 11, 2005
  6. "Ritter197" <> wrote in

    > Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think
    > at this time.

    But it is very good.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Ritter197

    Stacey Guest

    Ritter197 wrote:

    > Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing.

    It's not.

    This software is amazing. The resampling is VERY good up and down sizing and
    makes printing multiple images simple. It's WELL worth the money they ask
    for it.
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Feb 12, 2005
  8. Ritter197

    Canongirly Guest

    File/Automate/PicturePackage
    source Use is set to frontmost image but you can also change that to folder
    or file
    then select page size
    then layout
    to the right is a thumbnail view of the layout with multiple copies of the
    frontmost image on display
    click on any one of those images and it'll ask you what image you want to
    put i that space, select your chosen file from whatever folder and away you
    go

    Canongirly, Feb 12, 2005
  9. Ritter197

    Roy Guest

    Hi there.

    Elements can do this, nae bother.

    The easiest way is, once you have got both pictures to the size you want
    (7.5 x 5), and you want to put one above the other. Open one of them, go to
    Image > Canvas Size. Check that the Canvas Colour is White. Move the centre
    light Square in the 9 square box to the bottom row. Change the size of the
    5 inch side to 11 inches and the 7.5 inch side to 8 inches. Then open the
    other picture, and using the "Move" Tool drag it onto the first picture's
    window. Using that "move" tool arrange both pictures as you want. Go to
    "Layers" and "Flatten" image to lock them both in place.

    Roy

    Roy, Feb 12, 2005
  10. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    Thanks, never thought that THIS PROGRAM (Adobe Photoshop Elements 2) IS SO
    DIFFICULT WHEN IT COMES TO PRINTING.

    What do they think? We just want to play around and Edit to our hearts
    content so we can only LOOK at the new image??? Had I known that then I
    would never have bought this Adobe program.

    But I do thank you for detailed advice.

    Ritter197, Feb 12, 2005
  11. Ritter197

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:58:30 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ritter197"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think at
    >this time.

    Besides just doing this it does a lot of other things as well, multipage
    posters, slide shows, etc. One thing it does automatically is it queries
    your printer driver to determine what resolution it wants and allows you to
    automatically resample the image to match this with some of the best
    algorithms around. For the relatively low cost you get lifetime upgrades
    and the author Mike Chaney provides real support and over time has added
    many no feature at the suggestion of users. Give the demo a try.
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf, Feb 12, 2005
  12. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    Thanks for the reply and I will try the Trial version.

    But - you website is absolutely great. I am a camera bug myself, having been
    in 35 mm and before that in 4x4 format, and now in digital (Olympus 10X
    Optical) and like you, have a LOT to learn.

    Karl

    Ritter197, Feb 12, 2005
  13. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    Ed, I guess the CP 5700 is the best out of the bunch, right?

    Karl

    Ritter197, Feb 12, 2005
  14. Ritter197

    Sheldon Guest

    "jimkramer" <> wrote in message
    > "Ritter197" <> wrote in message
    >>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
    >>pictures I selected, edited
    >> and which are ready for print.
    >>
    >> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
    >> drag
    >> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
    >> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
    >> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
    >>
    >> Who can help?
    >>

    > You can't do it the way you are trying to.
    >
    > You must create another image file then drag the images you want to print
    > on to that. If you want multiples of the same image you can play with the
    > File -> Automate -> Picture Package.
    >
    > If you are using XP the picture printing will let you print multiple
    > images to a page very nicely.

    I'll second the printing wizard that comes with Windows XP. Do what you
    need with Photoshop, or whatever, and then send your pics to the My Pictures
    folder on your computer. The printing wizard in XP will let you print
    everything from a full-size print to several different photos on one sheet
    in a variety of sizes. And if you have XP it's free.

    Sheldon, Feb 12, 2005
  15. Ritter197

    Roy Guest

    Hi again.

    What is difficult about using Elements?

    If you want difficult, try doing something like that with 2 negatives and 1
    sheet of Photographic Paper in a Darkroom.

    Everything new seems difficult, but it is amazing how quickly it all becomes
    dead easy.

    Roy

    Roy, Feb 12, 2005
  16. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    Thanks, I do have windows xp and shall try. I will do what you suggested. Do
    the editing etc in a graphics program and then use windows xp.

    I still cannot understand why these digital software programs do not have as
    the last (or at least 1 of the many steps) PRINT and Layout selection.

    Baffles me.

    Ritter197, Feb 13, 2005
  17. Ritter197

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:11:12 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ritter197"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks, I do have windows xp and shall try. I will do what you suggested. Do
    >the editing etc in a graphics program and then use windows xp.
    >
    >I still cannot understand why these digital software programs do not have as
    >the last (or at least 1 of the many steps) PRINT and Layout selection.
    >
    >Baffles me.

    PSE2 is a bit long in the tooth these days. I know PSP8 and now 9 have this
    capability. I'd imagine PSE3 does now as well. I 've dl'd the demo but
    haven't installed it yet to give it a try.
    ----------

    Ed Ruf, Feb 13, 2005
  18. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    Ah, now our ages are showing. BUT - I did all kind of things like that years
    ago in the darkroom, but of course, there was a learning curve there too.
    That is why I want now to learn in the Digital field.
    How's that?

    Ritter197, Feb 14, 2005
  19. Ritter197 wrote:
    > Ah, now our ages are showing. BUT - I did all kind of things like
    > that years ago in the darkroom, but of course, there was a learning
    > curve there too. That is why I want now to learn in the Digital
    > field.
    > How's that?
    >
    > "Roy" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi again.
    >>
    >> What is difficult about using Elements?
    >>
    >> If you want difficult, try doing something like that with 2
    >> negatives and 1 sheet of Photographic Paper in a Darkroom.
    >>
    >> Everything new seems difficult, but it is amazing how quickly it
    >> all
    >> becomes dead easy.
    >>
    >> Roy

    It is a bit stubborn but the MS XP printing wizard will print one or
    several pictures on one page (just click Print on the menu). It is
    fast and not bad for record keeping but if you want control, Photoshop
    (Elements etc.) or other photographic editing software is better.

    Jim.

    James Silverton, Feb 14, 2005
  20. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    I have Photoshop Elements 2 but never found a Print selection there.

    I bought yesterday Adobe Album 5.0 and it seems to do the job now just fine.

    Ritter197, Feb 15, 2005