    trying to print through the DOS program. Does this sound like a printer
    driver error? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    -D-
    Dwayne Epps, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Dwayne Epps

    Paul Stelter Guest

    Microsoft is trying to get away from supporting DOS aps. However, more
    than anything, it sounds as if the page isn't being ejected, even though
    the data is being sent to the printer. After submitting the print job,
    open a DOS box (cmd is faster than command...) and type the following:

    echo ^L > lpt1: (the ^L is produced by holding the ctrl button down and
    pressing L)

    This sends a page ejection command to the printer (great for trouble
    shooting windows printing subsystem problems and differentiating them
    from hardware related issues...)

    However - the ejection command doesn't work with USB printers.

    I did find the URL for the company that produces the software -
    http://www.nwinds.com/blank.htm

    It may be time to upgrade this here software...

    Give it a shot and let me know!

    Paul Stelter MCP / A+
    www.steltex.com

    Paul Stelter, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Dwayne Epps

    JimW± Guest

    http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd05541.html

    network or local printer?

    JimW±, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Dwayne Epps

    Crazymiclo30 Guest

    just type copy <appname> lpt1: and see what happens. It should print that
    way. I am assuming you are usuing the print command.

    --
    crazymiclo
    A+, Network+, MCP

    Crazymiclo30, Jun 26, 2003