    Thanks for any feedback.

    Steve

    , Sep 27, 2006

  2. frederick Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Sony digital camera that came with Picture Package software.
    > I am trying to print photos using the Picture Package software and for
    > some reason I can't get the photos to print at the correct size.
    >
    > I am trying to print to our Epson stylus Photo R340. I have printed
    > photos fine from this printer when I insert the memory card directly
    > into the priniter but I guess I never tried printing from the comptuer.
    > Now my wife wants to print photos from the computer and nothing I have
    > tried seems to help. First the photos came out about 1/4 the size they
    > should. Then I tried changing the paper size but nothing seems to
    > work.
    >
    > I am trying to print to Borderless 4x6 Glossy paper. I tried selecting
    > this as the paper size from the print setup menu but that didn't solve
    > the problem.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working?
    >
    > Thanks for any feedback.
    >
    > Steve

    A tip is to make sure that "print preview" is checked in the printer driver.
    That way - you can cancel the print job if the preview screen shows
    something obviously wrong such as you describe.
    Doesn't the R340 ship with some utilities for printing?
    "Easy Photo Print" is one such Epson utility that comes to mind - and
    allows you to set up the page and paper options how you want without
    having to access the printer driver interface directly.

    frederick, Sep 27, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Sony digital camera that came with Picture Package software.
    > I am trying to print photos using the Picture Package software and for
    > some reason I can't get the photos to print at the correct size.
    >
    > I am trying to print to our Epson stylus Photo R340. I have printed
    > photos fine from this printer when I insert the memory card directly
    > into the priniter but I guess I never tried printing from the comptuer.
    > Now my wife wants to print photos from the computer and nothing I have
    > tried seems to help. First the photos came out about 1/4 the size they
    > should. Then I tried changing the paper size but nothing seems to
    > work.
    >
    > I am trying to print to Borderless 4x6 Glossy paper. I tried selecting
    > this as the paper size from the print setup menu but that didn't solve
    > the problem.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working?

    This is a common problem. With all the myriad of photo editing
    software packages out there, each seems to have a slightly different
    method of resizing. My PSP has various options- four different ways to
    resize a picture!

    Read the documentation on the Picture Package- it should somehow tell
    you how to resize. Resize the picture, not the paper. You may need to
    do some math in order to assure the ppi stays adequate, but it is
    grade-school math.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Sep 27, 2006