    I also want 16ths and 32nds. Is there a list of those somewhere?
    At the moment I'm using Excel to make labels with the number on,
    but I suppose I could use Word if I have to.

    Matty F, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Matty F wrote:
    > I want to print numbers and fractions, about 20mm high. But using MS
    > Word's Insert Symbol, I can find only these fractions:
    > ¼ ½ ¾ 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8 (i.e. 1/4 1/2 3/4 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8)
    > I also want 16ths and 32nds. Is there a list of those somewhere?
    > At the moment I'm using Excel to make labels with the number on, but I
    > suppose I could use Word if I have to.

    Use Insert - > Object - > Create New -> Microsoft Equation

    You can then use MS Equation to create any fraction you want.

    Or if you just want simple fractions as above, ie 1/32. Right click on
    the cell -> format cells -> number -> fraction. This will convert any
    decimal to the nearest fraction.

    Warren Mannington, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    Warren Mannington wrote:

    > Matty F wrote:
    >
    >> I want to print numbers and fractions, about 20mm high. But using MS
    >> Word's Insert Symbol, I can find only these fractions:
    >> ¼ ½ ¾ 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8 (i.e. 1/4 1/2 3/4 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8)
    >> I also want 16ths and 32nds. Is there a list of those somewhere?
    >> At the moment I'm using Excel to make labels with the number on, but I
    >> suppose I could use Word if I have to.
    >>

    > Use Insert - > Object - > Create New -> Microsoft Equation
    >
    > You can then use MS Equation to create any fraction you want.

    I cannot see the Microsoft Equation option in Excel 2000 or Word
    2000.

    > Or if you just want simple fractions as above, ie 1/32. Right click on
    > the cell -> format cells -> number -> fraction. This will convert any
    > decimal to the nearest fraction.

    That works but the numbers on the fraction are the same size and
    height as whole numbers. I may as well just type them on a line.
    I don't know if this displays correctly but I want it like this 3½

    I have discovered this method that does what I want, if a little
    lengthy (but that doesn't matter):
    In Word:
    1. Type the top number of your fraction (the dividend, if you're
    mathematically inclined).

    2. Insert a fraction bar (which is different from [more slanted
    than] the virgule, diagonal, solidus, slash, or whatever you want
    to call that character below the question mark on your keyboard).
    To do this:

    a. Click Insert > Symbol.
    b. Click the Font list
    c. Select "Symbol."
    d. Click the square containing the fraction bar.
    e. Click the "Insert" button.
    f. Click the "Close" button.

    3. Type the bottom number of your fraction (the divisor). Your
    fraction should now look like this: 2/3.

    4. Select the top number and format it as superscript (Format >
    Font > Superscript).

    5. Select the bottom number and format it as subscript (Format >
    Font > Subscript).

    Matty F, Jun 11, 2006
  4. Matty F

    Alan Guest

    "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    >I want to print numbers and fractions, about 20mm high. But using MS
    >Word's Insert Symbol, I can find only these fractions:
    > ¼ ½ ¾ 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8 (i.e. 1/4 1/2 3/4 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8)
    > I also want 16ths and 32nds. Is there a list of those somewhere?
    > At the moment I'm using Excel to make labels with the number on, but
    > I suppose I could use Word if I have to.

    I would guess that you could find a 'fractions' font somewhere out
    there if you look?

    HTH,

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    Alan, Jun 12, 2006
  5. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I want to print numbers and fractions, about 20mm high. But using MS
    >>Word's Insert Symbol, I can find only these fractions:
    >>¼ ½ ¾ 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8 (i.e. 1/4 1/2 3/4 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8)
    >>I also want 16ths and 32nds. Is there a list of those somewhere?
    >>At the moment I'm using Excel to make labels with the number on, but
    >>I suppose I could use Word if I have to.
    >>

    > I would guess that you could find a 'fractions' font somewhere out
    > there if you look?

    I expect so. I have many fonts already including maths ones but
    can't see one with sixteenths or thirty-seconds.
    However I can do what I want using Word with superscripts,
    subscripts and a fraction bar.
    I have never needed to do this before and I thought it would be easy.

    Matty F, Jun 12, 2006
  6. Matty F

    . Guest

    In article <e6gv0n$1ab$>, says...
    > Warren Mannington wrote:
    >
    > > Matty F wrote:
    > >
    > >> I want to print numbers and fractions, about 20mm high. But using MS
    > >> Word's Insert Symbol, I can find only these fractions:
    > >> ? ? ? 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8 (i.e. 1/4 1/2 3/4 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8)
    > >> I also want 16ths and 32nds. Is there a list of those somewhere?
    > >> At the moment I'm using Excel to make labels with the number on, but I
    > >> suppose I could use Word if I have to.
    > >>

    > > Use Insert - > Object - > Create New -> Microsoft Equation
    > >
    > > You can then use MS Equation to create any fraction you want.

    > I cannot see the Microsoft Equation option in Excel 2000 or Word
    > 2000.

    It's not installed by default in a standard MS Office install.

    - Goto Add/remove Programs, and select your Office install.
    - Click Add/Remove button.
    - In the Office installer window, click Add/Remove Features.
    - Expand the Office Tools section.
    - Click the dropdown in front of Equation Editor and choose Run from my
    computer.
    - Click Update Now.

    Some of these steps may be a little different for Office 2000.

    ., Jun 12, 2006
  7. Matty F

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2006-06-11, Matty F <> wrote:
    > I want to print numbers and fractions, about 20mm high. But using
    > MS Word's Insert Symbol, I can find only these fractions:
    > ¼ ½ ¾ 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8 (i.e. 1/4 1/2 3/4 1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8)
    > I also want 16ths and 32nds. Is there a list of those somewhere?
    > At the moment I'm using Excel to make labels with the number on,
    > but I suppose I could use Word if I have to.

    If you were using word perfect 5.1 you could use the equation editor
    to make any fraction you want. I expect word can do that too.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Jun 12, 2006