    www.console-exchange.co.uk the No1 Retro site.
    www.fastpay.co.uk the cheapest way to pay for things on the net 20p a
    transaction

    Graham Usher, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Graham Usher

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:01:04 -0000, "Graham Usher"
    <> wrote:

    >How do I print the list of folders I see in windows explorer. I have a drive
    >with 70 seperate folders on it and I would like to to print the details out
    >how is this done please
    >Graham

    A quick and dirty way without any new software is from a DOS shell:
    Click Start, Programs, DOS Prompt or click Start, Run. In the Run
    box, type "command.com" without the quotes and press enter.
    For XP, type "cmd" instead.

    Type dir/? for a list of the switches to control the output.

    /a shows ALL files (hidden, system, etc.) dir/a
    /o (letter o, not a zero) sorts them alphabetically dir/o
    /s shows subdirectories dir/s
    /b bare format: Just the long filename, no size, etc. dir/b

    Add the command :>prn" to send the output to the printer.
    Add the command ">list.txt" to send the output to a text file "List.txt".
    (Double ">>" appends the output to an existing text file)

    So if you want a list of EVERY file on the C:\ drive sent to a text
    file that you can edit, then use the following command:
    dir c:\ /a/o/s>list.txt

    If you want a list of just the folders and root files on the C:\ drive sent
    to a text file that you can edit, then use the following command:
    dir c:\ /a/o>list.txt

    By 3rd party Software:
    Karen's Directory Printer
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Print Folder Pro:
    http://no-nonsense-software.com/download.html

    Print It:
    http://www.skylarkutilities.com/print-it/home.html

    DirPrint by Wim Heirman:
    http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~wheirman/
    http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~wheirman/zip/dirprt40.zip

    Directory printer
    http://www.galcott.com/

    Unk, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Graham Usher

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 05:21:03 -0500, in
    <>
    Unk scrawled:

    <snip>

    >So if you want a list of EVERY file on the C:\ drive sent to a text
    >file that you can edit, then use the following command:
    >dir c:\ /a/o/s>list.txt

    That's the same as dir c:\ /s >list.txt
    You didn't specify any attributes for '/a' or '/o' .

    >If you want a list of just the folders and root files on the C:\ drive sent
    >to a text file that you can edit, then use the following command:
    >dir c:\ /a/o>list.txt

    That's the same as dir c:\ >list.txt

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Graham Usher

    °Mike° Guest

    If it's just a tree listing of folders that you want,
    use the 'tree' command. Open a DOS window to
    the parent directory that you wish to print, and
    type:

    tree >prn

    If you want details of when folders were created,
    etc., use the dir command, like so:

    dir /ad /s >prn

    If it's purely the names of the folders you wish, type:

    dir /ad /s /b >prn

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:01:04 -0000, in
    <8XY0c.7826$>
    Graham Usher scrawled: