    border area. Does anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks
    Bob AZ
    Ace, Sep 17, 2005

  2. Ace

    Peter A. Guest

    Launch Elements and look at:
    Help -> Tutorials -> Creating Shapes and Text -> Creating Text

    You can then add text in whatever font/size/colour you like, and place
    it in the image in a position where it will be least obtrusive.
    Pick a colour for the text that will contrast nicely with that
    particular part of the image, so it can be read easily. Blue text on a
    blue sky won't be much use, for example.
    Peter A., Sep 17, 2005

  3. Ace <> wrote:
    : My printing program for digital pictures, Adobe Elements 2.0, always
    : has the picture and file name/number with it. I would like this
    : information to print on the side of the picture or perhaps in the
    : border area. Does anyone know how to do this?

    I don't think that AE can do this automatically for any full page image. I
    believe that if you do a "contact print" the file name can be printed with
    the image but other than that it isn't an automatic thing. You can do a
    text layer and put the name ontop of the image, but that has to be done
    manually and on each image individually.

    One solution I have found is to use a program such as Qimage. It is
    possible to set this as one of the default settings so that the image name
    will be printed in the border of each image (multi images per page up to
    multi pages per image). There are probably other programs that will do
    this and some may even be free programs. Others will probably inform you
    of your various choices in this. Explore and see what program(s) will best
    suit your style of printing. What is best for me may not be best for you,
    and vise versa. :)

    Randy

    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL