    track record, and cost to print, but the Olympus P440 says it can do3x5, 4x6
    Or 8x 10s. Has any one tried the Olympus line of printers out as I have not
    seen any reviews on them. printers.
    CBM, Jan 19, 2004

  2. CBM

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    "CBM" <> wrote in news:drWOb.85295$sv6.201992@attbi_s52:

    > Now we have great ways to take pictures, and looking at them on our
    > monitors, now what printers do a great job of it. I have a good ink
    > jet, but at times it will print with streaks going across the picture
    > until finally doing a deep clean again, and putting up with ink
    > refills I am thinking to going with the dye subs, I have been looking
    > at the Hi Ti 640PS printer and I am very close in buying one when I
    > ran across the option to go with the the Olympus P-10 or P440 Digital
    > Photo Printer. I like the 640PS looks and track record, and cost to
    > print, but the Olympus P440 says it can do3x5, 4x6 Or 8x 10s. Has any
    > one tried the Olympus line of printers out as I have not seen any
    > reviews on them. printers.

    No comments on the Olympus, but Hi-Ti is supposed to be coming out with a
    new dye-sub that will handle 4X6, 5X7, and 6X8's sometime during the 1st
    quarter of 2004. I haven't seen any info on pricing for the printer or the
    consumables, but they say it'll be the most economical dye-sub on the
    market. Here's a link to the press release:

    http://www.hitouchimaging.com/news_detail.asp?lid=130&nid=9
    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 19, 2004

  3. CBM

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:43:05 GMT, "CBM" <> wrote:

    >Now we have great ways to take pictures, and looking at them on our
    >monitors, now what printers do a great job of it. I have a good ink jet, but
    >at times it will print with streaks going across the picture until finally
    >doing a deep clean again, and putting up with ink refills I am thinking to
    >going with the dye subs, I have been looking at the Hi Ti 640PS printer and
    >I am very close in buying one when I ran across the option to go with the
    >the Olympus P-10 or P440 Digital Photo Printer. I like the 640PS looks and
    >track record, and cost to print, but the Olympus P440 says it can do3x5, 4x6
    >Or 8x 10s. Has any one tried the Olympus line of printers out as I have not
    >seen any reviews on them. printers.

    Personally, I would stay with ink-jet. The technology has become very
    advanced. Look at some print samples of the newest HP, Canon, and
    Epson printers with 6-8 colors.

    Here are few things that you cannot do with dye sub:

    Use 3rd party archival pigment ink--I suspect dye sub may be better
    than inkjet DYE, but pigment ink is going to be better still.

    Use a wide variety of papers
    Use a continuous feed ink system
    Roll paper
    large prints