    look this up in myer's book but did not find an anwer. Also what is the
    best way to clean the ink cartridge holder?

    thanks

    gman, Jun 24, 2004

  2. gman

    AG Guest

    "gman" <> wrote in message
    news:7UFCc.960$...
    > I been trying to setup an hp inkjet printer but it keeps printing out
    > green ink. I checked the power outlet with a tester and found it was
    > not hooked up right (reverse polarity, is this the problem? I tried to
    > look this up in myer's book but did not find an anwer. Also what is the
    > best way to clean the ink cartridge holder?
    >
    > thanks

    I usually use a qtip and a bit of alcohol to clean them. The reversed
    polarity could be a problem for lots of equipment. If you can figure out
    how to turn the outlet off it's no problem to change.

    AG

    AG, Jun 24, 2004

  3. On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:24:51 GMT, gman <>
    wrote:

    >I been trying to setup an hp inkjet printer but it keeps printing out
    >green ink. I checked the power outlet with a tester and found it was
    >not hooked up right (reverse polarity, is this the problem? I tried to
    >look this up in myer's book but did not find an anwer. Also what is the
    >best way to clean the ink cartridge holder?
    >
    >thanks

    A reversed plug is probably not the problem, but it can be a big, big
    problem if the device using its power is attached to something plugged
    into a properly-polarized outlet. It is also a safety hazard, and
    should be dealt with. In Canada, at least, green is earth/ground,
    white is neutral and attaches to the silver/white terminal, and black
    is hot, and attaches to the copper terminal.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 25, 2004