    hi all, are there any cheap printers around
    with drivers for win64 ?

    even HP7310 havent got theirs ready yet :(

    Marshalx, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Marshalx

    Rick Guest

    There are quite a few printers that now have drivers for x64. Go to the
    manufacturers' web sites, look at the different models, check their
    driver downloads, and select one that fits your needs and desires.

    Rick, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Marshalx

    John Barnes Guest

    The Epson C66 & C86 after $20 rebate are both < $70

    John Barnes, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Marshalx

    warpsix Guest

    Marshalx wrote:
    > hi all, are there any cheap printers around
    > with drivers for win64 ?
    >
    > even HP7310 havent got theirs ready yet :(

    Planetamd64 has a driver that worked on my cheep(less then $40.) hp 3745

    warpsix, Sep 14, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?RU9D?=, Sep 14, 2005
  6. Marshalx

    Randy Guest

    My Brother MFC 5440CN (all-in-one flatbed with networking) does. It's $99.99
    this week at Staples after rebate. Upto 6000dpi, 15ppm or so output. Auto
    sheet feeder. Reasonable ink costs.
    http://global.solutions.brother.com/mfc5440cn_all/en_us/download/

    Staples has the smaller, newer DCP110C (non-networked) all-in-one on sale
    for $49.99 after rebate, and it also has Win XP Pro x64 drivers available:
    http://global.solutions.brother.com/dcp110c_eu_as/en_us/download/

    This li'l pup also has memory card slots from which it can print directly
    AND save scanned images to (jpeg, pdf, tiff) directly. Very slick... may buy
    one for my mom. Uses same ink carts as the MFC5440CN, which is nice.

    Randy, Sep 15, 2005
  7. Marshalx

    Marshalx Guest

    ***thanks Randy, that 5540cn looks excellent value.
    even the pixma mp780 hasnt got drivers yet.
    But ive just found that the HP7310 will do basic
    functions on USB, with a Deskjet 990c 32bit driver,
    in case anyones desperate to get it running.

    Marshalx, Sep 15, 2005
  8. Actually, the Pixma MP780 has got Win64 drivers on their US site (but not yet
    on the UK site.)

    Hope this helps

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBIYXJ0dC1QYWxtZXI=?=, Sep 15, 2005
  9. Marshalx

    VWWall Guest

    Randy wrote:

    > Staples has the smaller, newer DCP110C (non-networked) all-in-one on sale
    > for $49.99 after rebate, and it also has Win XP Pro x64 drivers available:
    > http://global.solutions.brother.com/dcp110c_eu_as/en_us/download/

    I couldn't find it for less than $79.99 with a $20 rebate, ($59.99).
    The above driver gave me a problem. It hung at the "connect USB cable"
    point. I did use the brdpl110c.ini file from that install package to
    get basic printer functions working. May be just my set-up.

    > This li'l pup also has memory card slots from which it can print directly
    > AND save scanned images to (jpeg, pdf, tiff) directly. Very slick... may buy
    > one for my mom. Uses same ink carts as the MFC5440CN, which is nice.

    http://www.inkquik.com has them for as little as $4.50. Brothers, so
    far, don't use "monitor chips" on their cartridges as do Epson.

    --
    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Sep 15, 2005
  10. Marshalx

    Marshalx Guest

    ***thanks Mark,
    just what i need to know :)

    Incidentally i hear Canon have admitted the 780
    fax answer will not work on a line that already
    has TAM (phone-answering). Need an external
    fax switch.

    havent tried mine yet, anyone got one ?

    Marshalx, Sep 16, 2005
  11. Marshalx

    Randy Guest

    You're right, the price is $59.99 AR. Still, very good if it works as
    advertised. Had you been using one under a Windows x32 version? If so, what
    is your impression of it in that environment?

    Thanks for the ink link. Have you tried their inks? What's your opinion of
    them?

    Randy, Sep 17, 2005
  12. Marshalx

    VWWall Guest

    Randy wrote:
    > You're right, the price is $59.99 AR. Still, very good if it works as
    > advertised. Had you been using one under a Windows x32 version? If so, what
    > is your impression of it in that environment?

    Just got it last week. I tried the print and the copy functions, and
    all seem to work well. I tried a simple scan and it seemed to work OK.
    Haven't tried the TWAIN interface yet. You have to go to the included
    CD to get all the manual info. I haven't tried the OCR.

    I could install only the basic print functions under WinXP x32. I may
    try again, but that's all I need now. Does anyone know if TWAIN works
    under x64?

    Brother uses piezo-electric nozzles, as does Epson, opposed to HP who
    use thermal nozzles permantly attached to the cartridges. I've used
    "generic" cartridges with my Epson Stylus Color 800 with good results.

    > Thanks for the ink link. Have you tried their inks? What's your opinion of
    > them?

    I just received a set ordered last week. I won't get a chance to try
    them until the supplied set runs out. The service was excellent, and I
    received the order in three days by Priority UPS. No sales tax either!

    I will post any problems, should they occur.

    --
    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Sep 17, 2005