    need more info to make a recommendation?

    TIA

    Eric Miller
    Eric Miller, Jul 1, 2011

  2. Eric Miller

    PeterN Guest

    On 6/30/2011 9:45 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
    > It's been a while since I've looked for a printing service. Please
    > recommend anyone you have had good experience with. I am looking to get
    > a high quality, 20x30 B&W print. I need a service that will let me
    > upload the image (I'm betting that most do this). mightyimaging.com is
    > one that popped up when I searched. Anyone have experience with them. Is
    > there any process that is especially recommended for b&w prints. Do you
    > need more info to make a recommendation?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Eric Miller

    I've had good results using Costco. but, you have to be careful with
    sizing and instruct them about cropping. I usually call after I submit
    to follow up with telephone instructions.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 1, 2011

  3. Eric Miller

    Eric Miller Guest

    On 7/1/2011 3:05 PM, PeterN wrote:
    > On 6/30/2011 9:45 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
    >> It's been a while since I've looked for a printing service. Please
    >> recommend anyone you have had good experience with. I am looking to get
    >> a high quality, 20x30 B&W print. I need a service that will let me
    >> upload the image (I'm betting that most do this). mightyimaging.com is
    >> one that popped up when I searched. Anyone have experience with them. Is
    >> there any process that is especially recommended for b&w prints. Do you
    >> need more info to make a recommendation?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Eric Miller

    > I've had good results using Costco. but, you have to be careful with
    > sizing and instruct them about cropping. I usually call after I submit
    > to follow up with telephone instructions.

    Unfortunately there is no Costco in my state AFAIK. WalMart does
    printing, but I was looking to get a better looking print than what I
    have seen them do on their HP Printers (which aren't half bad on color
    prints). One online printer uses lightjet and another process, but it
    has been a long time since I made any big prints (about two years) that
    I really don't even know what process I should be looking at to make a
    "wow" type print (assuming my image is up to the task).

    Eric Miller
    Eric Miller, Jul 2, 2011
  4. Eric Miller

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/1/2011 10:54 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
    > On 7/1/2011 3:05 PM, PeterN wrote:
    >> On 6/30/2011 9:45 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
    >>> It's been a while since I've looked for a printing service. Please
    >>> recommend anyone you have had good experience with. I am looking to get
    >>> a high quality, 20x30 B&W print. I need a service that will let me
    >>> upload the image (I'm betting that most do this). mightyimaging.com is
    >>> one that popped up when I searched. Anyone have experience with them. Is
    >>> there any process that is especially recommended for b&w prints. Do you
    >>> need more info to make a recommendation?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Eric Miller

    >> I've had good results using Costco. but, you have to be careful with
    >> sizing and instruct them about cropping. I usually call after I submit
    >> to follow up with telephone instructions.
    >>

    > Unfortunately there is no Costco in my state AFAIK. WalMart does
    > printing, but I was looking to get a better looking print than what I
    > have seen them do on their HP Printers (which aren't half bad on color
    > prints). One online printer uses lightjet and another process, but it
    > has been a long time since I made any big prints (about two years) that
    > I really don't even know what process I should be looking at to make a
    > "wow" type print (assuming my image is up to the task).
    >
    > Eric Miller

    Too bad they are not convenient for you. You can get low priced, or free
    snacks while waiting.
    However, they do mail order and use a photo processor. I don't think
    they use archival inks, so don't count on a 400 year life for your
    prints. You can also download the profiles and specify the machine they
    are to print on. I think they have a very reasonable satisfaction policy.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 2, 2011