printer

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by keexer, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. keexer

    keexer Guest

    After I hit the print button a grey box pops up saying "sending pages
    1, 2, 3, 4 and 5."

    Next I see the printer icon appear down in the system tray. If I click
    on this icon it tells me "the printer is printing pages 1of 5, 2 of 5,
    3 of 5" and so on.

    After the icon shows "page 5 of 5", the printer starts spitting out 5
    printed sheets of paper.

    The problem is the computer freezes only during the "sending" and the
    "printer icon" phases. It unfreezes during the physical spraying of
    the ink on the paper. The computer never crashes. It just won't
    accept input from the mouse or keyboard.

    Before the reinstalling of win98, the computer never did this and I am
    using the same printer.
    Virus scans negative.
    Scandisk negative.
    System files damage negative.
    My brother tried altering the DOS, BIOS, Control Panel and printer
    settings, and made every tweak he could find to no avail.

    I need suggestions.
    gina win98 and can't add more RAM

    keexer, Oct 9, 2004

  2. keexer

    Thor Guest

    "keexer" <> wrote in message
    > After I hit the print button a grey box pops up saying "sending pages
    > 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5."
    >
    > Next I see the printer icon appear down in the system tray. If I click
    > on this icon it tells me "the printer is printing pages 1of 5, 2 of 5,
    > 3 of 5" and so on.
    >
    > After the icon shows "page 5 of 5", the printer starts spitting out 5
    > printed sheets of paper.
    >
    > The problem is the computer freezes only during the "sending" and the
    > "printer icon" phases. It unfreezes during the physical spraying of
    > the ink on the paper. The computer never crashes. It just won't
    > accept input from the mouse or keyboard.
    >
    > Before the reinstalling of win98, the computer never did this and I am
    > using the same printer.
    > Virus scans negative.
    > Scandisk negative.
    > System files damage negative.
    > My brother tried altering the DOS, BIOS, Control Panel and printer
    > settings, and made every tweak he could find to no avail.
    >
    > I need suggestions.
    > gina win98 and can't add more RAM

    to start printing after the first page is spooled, rather than after the
    last page is spooled.

    Thor, Oct 9, 2004

  3. keexer

    keexer Guest

    Thor, I set it. didn't improve.
    i've heard about buffers. is there a way create a printer buffer?
    what does it mean whe print icon reads "print progress page 1 of 5"?

    keexer, Oct 10, 2004