    it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that says connect
    printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next to continue. The
    next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.

    John, Sep 1, 2004

  2. John

    SwissTony Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:ucoZc.389$...
    > Can anyone please help. I am trying to install a HP PSC 2110 all in one.

    But
    > it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that says connect
    > printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next to continue. The
    > next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.

    Usually, the software detects when the printer is plugged in.
    If you have plugged it in, is it turned on??? If not, try turning it on at
    the stage ur stuck at above.

    SwissTony, Sep 1, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    I have tried both ways. Switched on, and off. I noticed it saying that it
    was trying to install to LPT1. It is connected via USB. Is this right?

    John, Sep 1, 2004
  4. John

    D Guest

    that would make a big difference. typically, printers by default will try
    to use LPT1. you need to change this during the install wizard to point to
    the USB port.

    BTW, are you using the drivers from the install disk or windows?

    D, Sep 1, 2004
  5. John

    Ingeborg Guest

    "John" <> wrote in

    > Can anyone please help. I am trying to install a HP PSC 2110 all in
    > one. But it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that
    > says connect printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next
    > to continue. The next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.

    It waits for the printer. When you connect it the next button will be
    enabled.

    Ingeborg, Sep 1, 2004