    3- I want it affordable and not to sophisticated, 75.00 US to 125.00.

    Any suggestion ?

    Rick
    Rick, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Rick

    Wizard Guest

    HP ... always.

    Wizard, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Rick

    Thor Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > I own an Epson C60. I'm not very happy with it. Heads keeps clogging,

    noisy,
    > cycle forever before using it, in short I'm looking at something

    different.

    > 1-I do not want a printer with permanent head like the Epson.
    >
    > 2- I do no want a printer that use half of the ink cartridge just to keep
    > printing properly(read lots of cleaning cycle)
    >
    > 3- I want it affordable and not to sophisticated, 75.00 US to 125.00.
    >
    > Any suggestion ?

    HP 5550
    Thor, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Rick

    Night_Seer Guest

    Wizard wrote:
    > HP ... always.

    Except when you get an Epson.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Rick

    Thor Guest

    > Wizard wrote:
    > > HP ... always.
    > >

    > Except when you get an Epson.

    I believe the OP was having trouble with his epson in the first place, so i
    don't think he would be keen on that idea. Epson's biggest downfall
    continues to be their fixed printhead system, which makes severe clogs a
    real pain in the ass. Add that to the excessive ink waste because of the
    automatic cleaning cycles that many epson models do. I took an Epson 820
    apart one time, and there is a huge felt sponge running the entire length of
    the bottom of the printer, and it is there to soak up all the wasted ink
    that is shot out in the cleaning cycles. Incredibly wasteful. No other
    printers I've seen waste so much ink. And while Epson ink is typically less
    expensive, you go through it quicker because of the amount it wastes, I have
    found.
    Thor, Dec 11, 2003
  6. Rick

    Rick Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    > > Wizard wrote:
    > > > HP ... always.
    > > >

    > > Except when you get an Epson.

    > I believe the OP was having trouble with his epson in the first place, so

    > don't think he would be keen on that idea. Epson's biggest downfall
    > continues to be their fixed printhead system, which makes severe clogs a
    > real pain in the ass. Add that to the excessive ink waste because of the
    > automatic cleaning cycles that many epson models do. I took an Epson 820
    > apart one time, and there is a huge felt sponge running the entire length

    of
    > the bottom of the printer, and it is there to soak up all the wasted ink
    > that is shot out in the cleaning cycles. Incredibly wasteful. No other
    > printers I've seen waste so much ink. And while Epson ink is typically

    less
    > expensive, you go through it quicker because of the amount it wastes, I

    have
    > found.

    Thor, you hit it right on the nose. Thats exactly what my experience is with
    the Epson C60. On the other hand the printing result aren't bad, but what a
    pain to maintain.

    What are you suggesting in the same price range ? HP,Lexmark,Canon ?
    Rick, Dec 11, 2003
  7. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Thanks for your suggestion, please disregard my request in the previous post
    !! You are too quick for me ;-)
    Rick

    Rick, Dec 11, 2003
  8. Rick

    Night_Seer Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Wizard wrote:
    >>> HP ... always.
    >>>

    >> Except when you get an Epson.

    > I believe the OP was having trouble with his epson in the first
    > place, so i don't think he would be keen on that idea. Epson's
    > biggest downfall continues to be their fixed printhead system, which
    > makes severe clogs a real pain in the ass. Add that to the excessive
    > ink waste because of the automatic cleaning cycles that many epson
    > models do. I took an Epson 820 apart one time, and there is a huge
    > felt sponge running the entire length of the bottom of the printer,
    > and it is there to soak up all the wasted ink that is shot out in the
    > cleaning cycles. Incredibly wasteful. No other printers I've seen
    > waste so much ink. And while Epson ink is typically less expensive,
    > you go through it quicker because of the amount it wastes, I have
    > found.

    Ah I did not know that. I hope mine doesn't have that problem, its
    a newer photo model. I totally blanked on the fact that he owned an
    epson before, but I have to ask...this is to the OP...have you ever used
    inkjet refill kits or cartridges?

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 11, 2003
  9. "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    > > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    > >>>
    > >> Except when you get an Epson.

    > > I believe the OP was having trouble with his epson in the first
    > > place, so i don't think he would be keen on that idea. Epson's
    > > biggest downfall continues to be their fixed printhead system, which
    > > makes severe clogs a real pain in the ass. Add that to the excessive
    > > ink waste because of the automatic cleaning cycles that many epson
    > > models do. I took an Epson 820 apart one time, and there is a huge
    > > felt sponge running the entire length of the bottom of the printer,
    > > and it is there to soak up all the wasted ink that is shot out in the
    > > cleaning cycles. Incredibly wasteful. No other printers I've seen
    > > waste so much ink. And while Epson ink is typically less expensive,
    > > you go through it quicker because of the amount it wastes, I have
    > > found.

    > Ah I did not know that. I hope mine doesn't have that problem, its
    > a newer photo model. I totally blanked on the fact that he owned an
    > epson before, but I have to ask...this is to the OP...have you ever used
    > inkjet refill kits or cartridges?
    >
    > --
    > Night_Seer

    IMHO Epson has the best photo print quality, I have tried HP and Cannon and
    loved them both for general printing, but not photo printing, which makes up
    the bulk of my printer use.
    The Ancient One, Dec 12, 2003
  10. Rick

    Night_Seer Guest

    The Ancient One wrote:
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Thor wrote:
    >>> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message

    >>> I believe the OP was having trouble with his epson in the first
    >>> place, so i don't think he would be keen on that idea. Epson's
    >>> biggest downfall continues to be their fixed printhead system, which
    >>> makes severe clogs a real pain in the ass. Add that to the excessive
    >>> ink waste because of the automatic cleaning cycles that many epson
    >>> models do. I took an Epson 820 apart one time, and there is a huge
    >>> felt sponge running the entire length of the bottom of the printer,
    >>> and it is there to soak up all the wasted ink that is shot out in
    >>> the cleaning cycles. Incredibly wasteful. No other printers I've
    >>> seen waste so much ink. And while Epson ink is typically less
    >>> expensive, you go through it quicker because of the amount it
    >>> wastes, I have found.

    >> Ah I did not know that. I hope mine doesn't have that problem,
    >> its a newer photo model. I totally blanked on the fact that he
    >> owned an epson before, but I have to ask...this is to the OP...have
    >> you ever used inkjet refill kits or cartridges?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer
    >>

    > IMHO Epson has the best photo print quality, I have tried HP and
    > Cannon and loved them both for general printing, but not photo
    > printing, which makes up the bulk of my printer use.

    Same here...I'd rather print out PDFs of documents and save paper, but I
    do a lot of photo printing.
    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 12, 2003
  11. Rick

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Printer, which printer...
    >From: "Night_Seer" ecamacho4at hotmail dot com
    >Date: 12/12/03 8:04 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >The Ancient One wrote:
    >> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message

    >>> Ah I did not know that. I hope mine doesn't have that problem,
    >>> its a newer photo model. I totally blanked on the fact that he
    >>> owned an epson before, but I have to ask...this is to the OP...have
    >>> you ever used inkjet refill kits or cartridges?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Night_Seer
    >>>

    >> IMHO Epson has the best photo print quality, I have tried HP and
    >> Cannon and loved them both for general printing, but not photo
    >> printing, which makes up the bulk of my printer use.

    >Same here...I'd rather print out PDFs of documents and save paper, but I
    >do a lot of photo printing.
    >--
    >Night_Seer

    Look at the new Epson Stylus Photo R300, Stunning prints, High
    resolution,loaded with features.Only $167.00

    Regards,

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at: