    Would be nice if wasn't a POS like this HP 810, and the cartridges didnt cost a
    fortunre (liek the HP). Durability and economy a plus.

    thanks

    Lowryter, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Lowryter

    Guest

    On 08 Aug 2004 21:05:47 GMT, ojunk (Lowryter) wrote:

    >suggestions.
    >
    >all around use. Photos & Documents.
    >
    >Would be nice if wasn't a POS like this HP 810, and the cartridges didnt cost a
    >fortunre (liek the HP). Durability and economy a plus.

    Take a look at the Canon i860. It's fast, does an excellent job with
    both text and photos, uses 5 separate ink tanks, and cost a lot less
    than $200.
    Jack

    , Aug 8, 2004

  3. Lowryter

    Sabineellen Guest

    >suggestions.
    >
    >all around use. Photos & Documents.
    >
    >Would be nice if wasn't a POS like this HP 810, and the cartridges didnt cost
    >fortunre (liek the HP). Durability and economy a plus.
    >
    >thanks

    I bought this Canon Smartbase MP360 for the simple reason that it was
    inexpensive and its cartridges were easy to find third-party on ebay. It's an
    all-in-one so I use it to digitize my papers and notes/drawings. I haven't
    printed anything in color, but i rarely ever do.

    I'd highly recommend that you make sure you can get third-party ink cartridges
    for whatever printer you're considering.

    Sabineellen, Aug 8, 2004
  4. Lowryter

    Banjopikr1 Guest

    >Printer under $200
    >From: ojun

    Just bought the Canon i960 at CompUSA for $169.00 Super great photo printer.
    Has 6 cartridges that sell for $10.50 each at Staples. You buy what you need.
    Also includes an auto feeder 4X6" tray.

    Banjopikr1, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Lowryter

    Justin Thyme Guest

    "Lowryter" <> wrote in message
    > suggestions.
    >
    > all around use. Photos & Documents.
    >
    > Would be nice if wasn't a POS like this HP 810, and the cartridges didnt

    cost a
    > fortunre (liek the HP). Durability and economy a plus.

    Not sure about the prices in the USA, but I'd suggest an Epson R310 (maybe
    different model numbers over there). Very economical to run, and has long
    life prints. As an alternative maybe the HP 7660 or HP 7960 - not as cheap
    to run as the epson, but they are a lot cheaper than your old 810, and also
    give really nice B&W prints with the optional B&W printhead.
    If you want good print life, I'd forget about Canon - their inks are nowhere
    near as long-lasting as Epson and HP - I've got prints from a Canon BJC6000
    (same ink as the current model i865) that are faded after a bit over a year.
    Prints from an Epson C43 done about the same time are still nice (and the
    C43 isn't even one of the models that Epson say has good colour durability).
    Also, I'd forget about non-genuine inks. I've always found that non-genuine
    inks give colour casts over photos that can be hard to adjust out. Also I've
    seen colour-fast tests on the web that show most non-genuine inks hold
    colour for a matter of months, compared to many decades that HP and Epson
    genuine inks are rated for. I'd maybe consider a non-genuine ink for black,
    but wouldn't put anything but genuine in for colour.

    Justin Thyme, Aug 9, 2004