    I am printing from Word in draft mode as well.

    Thanks

    John

    John, Feb 16, 2005

  2. John

    Plato Guest

    John wrote:

    > I just wondered what the issue is when a printer takes ages for a
    > document to print?
    >
    > I have XP Pro, Epson R200. I click print and it doesn't go through
    > for a few minutes.

    Offhand it doesnt sound like a problem. On the othter hand if you are
    running an os and dont have the proper ram for that os than things like
    that take WAY longer then a pc with the proper amount of ram.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 16, 2005

  3. John

    Joe Guest

    I can not explain this but my Dad and I have the same printer and he was
    complaining about the same thing. After a bit of investigating the only
    difference was He was hooked up with a printer cable and I was hooked up
    USB. After we swapped his to USB his speeds tripled and were right there
    with mine. I don't understand but I witnessed it first hand.

    Joe

    Joe, Feb 17, 2005
  4. John

    WebWalker Guest

    check any spyware lately?

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Feb 17, 2005
  5. John

    WebGuyGuru Guest

    It also depends how graphic intensive your documents are. Is it still super
    slow when you print a simple text documents with a few lines of text?

    WebGuyGuru

    Pricester.com - Get your FREE Website
    No design and hosting fees, Auction / Barter.

    WebGuyGuru, Feb 18, 2005
  6. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:43:21 +0800, A strange species called WebWalker
    <> wrote:

    >check any spyware lately?

    I have no spyware on that system whatsoever. The only system I have
    trouble with is the old Win 98 ones for spyware.

    The printer on the XP Pro is connected via the USB as well.

    Most of the documents I was trying to print were plain text in draft
    mode. Some had different colours, but I don't see that making a
    different with the R200.

    I have 1 GB ram PC 3200 I think.

    John

    John, Feb 18, 2005
  7. John

    HF Guest

    My R300 which is similar to the 200 does it too. Spends quite a time
    'thinking about it'.Good for disk printing though and goes 'will it - wont
    it-yes I think so'

    HF, Feb 19, 2005