printer sharing

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Timax45, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. Timax45

    Timax45 Guest

    Hi,
    I have a small home NW, host running xp home connected via ethernet to
    wireless router and one pc and one laptop both running xp home evrything
    works fine and they can all share the network printer.
    I have one other laptop that because of its spec is running win 98 SE it is
    on the network and is using a Belkin 801.g 54g network card but I cannot get
    it to share the network printer. This is what I do.

    on the laptop I go to add printer>>>>>> Network printer....... it then asks
    me to add path or queue name or browse for printer. When I click browse it
    does not show a network printer and will not allow me to view the entire
    network saying that the network is not accessible.

    On my host machine I go to add network printer select the name of my printer
    and then get a an additional message that says if the other machines that
    are sharing your printer are running different os's then please install the
    necessary drivers, where from? I have a HP Photosmart 1000 printer installed
    on the network with xp drivers, there are no compatible drivers on the win
    98 cd so how do I get the laptop to use the network printer?

    Step by step guide if you could please
    Timax45, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Like you've figured out, you'll need to get the Win 98 driver for the
    printer. You can try this one:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=61872&lang=en&cc=us&os=20

    Rajiv
    newsgroup purposes only.