    Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Paul

    mikeFNB Guest

    http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?f...O-8859-1&p=sharing printers win98 xp&meta=vc=

    mike

    mikeFNB, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Paul

    DJ Borell Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    >I have 2 computers and 1 printer. Printer is wired to
    > computer using xp home sp2, the other computer win 98se is
    > networked using 4 port router.
    > Can I print from the win 98 without a printserver?
    > If so, how do I configure these computers to be able to
    > print from the win 98 to the printer which is connected to
    > the xp.
    > Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

    On the XP machine, run the file and printer sharing wizard. This will share
    the printer. Next, right-click the shared printer and select "Properties".
    Choose the "Sharing" tab and click "Additional Drivers". Check the box for
    Win95, 98 and ME. You may need your printer drivers disk for this or the
    downloaded drivers extracted to a folder on your HD. This will install the
    Win98 drivers that your Win98 machine will use.

    On the Win98 machine, open the printers folder and click "Add Printer".
    Select "Network Printer", click "Next" and browse "Entire Network" for your
    shared printer or type the UNC name in the path field
    \\{computername}\{printername}. Click next and Win98 will install the
    driver. If it asks for a driver, you may need to go back to the XP machine,
    share the folder with the extracted driver, and then point 98 to that
    folder. Or, of course, you could put your driver CD in the drive.
    DJ Borell, Feb 27, 2005