    disappears. Is there a setting or something that I'm overlooking on the
    laptop that's preventing it from allowing the Computer Name to expand and
    pointing to the network printer?
    Darrell, Oct 16, 2007

  2. It could be the name resolution issue. Do you receive a system error if you
    do net view \\vpnhostipaddress? Or these links may help.

    Name resolution on VPN
    Name resolution is big issue in VPN access. If your VPN server doesn't
    setup correctly or the VPN client can't receive the VPN DNS and WINS
    settings, ...
    www.chicagotech.net/nameresolutionpnvpn.htm - Similar pages

    VPN name resolution and browsing
    Q: VPN name resolution and browsing. After I successfully connect to
    the VPN Server remotely, I cannot browse the network, and see other
    computers and ...
    www.chicagotech.net/Q&A/vpn1.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L \(MS-MVP\), Oct 16, 2007

  3. Darrell

    Darrell Guest

    No system errors are received. The laptop in question can successfully
    login to my home VPN server, it just can't see the printer. I'm using
    "OpenDNS Servers." If I change the Home desktop PC to obtain a DNS server
    address automatically would that make a difference? I don't see how it
    would being that the other laptop can see the printer just fine.

    Darrell, Oct 16, 2007
  4. If you don't receive a system error, you must have a successful result. Post
    it here may help.

    Robert L \(MS-MVP\), Oct 16, 2007
  5. Darrell

    Darrell Guest

    How do I do a "net view \\vpnhostipaddress?"

    Darrell, Oct 17, 2007