    help!!!

    --
    Sherman Wilkins
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcm1hbiBXLg==?=, Oct 15, 2005

  2. "=?Utf-8?B?U2hlcm1hbiBXLg==?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    > Hell everyone, I just recently connected my personal Home wireless
    > network and I’m to the point were I would like to share certain
    > devices on my network such as my printer, etc. I have a workstation
    > that my printer/wireless router is directly connected too. So how
    > would I be able to allow other wireless workstations to share those
    > devices, without buy more hardware? I know that this is a process that
    > can be done, as seen by others; but it seems as if I’ve preformed
    > every step needed to configure my hard-wired workstation so that my
    > wireless workstations can share those devices, please help!!!

    The fact that some of the computers are wireless and some are wired doesn't
    matter -- all you need to do is make sure they are joined to the same
    workgroup and that you have shared the printer to Everyone.

    Then install the printer drivers on the other clients and connect to the
    shared printer. That's really all there is to it.

    --
    James McIllece, Microsoft

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
    name for newsgroup participation only.

    James McIllece [MS], Oct 15, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcm1hbiBXLg==?=

    Michael T Guest

    I found that I had to make sure Norton Internet Security (NIS) was
    configured to allowed my laptop (wireless) amd desktop (wired) to 'see' each
    other.

    My new laptop (notebook) came with NIS installed.

    --
    Michael

    Michael T, Oct 16, 2005
  4. Having followed the advice provided below I am still unsuccessful in being
    able to use my printer in a home network. I have configured my computers
    accordingly through Symantec NIS (at least I think I did so correctly) and it
    states it recognizes the "Gateway", etc. I have a desktop computer as the
    host unit with the printer attached directly to it. I have a laptop that I
    have a wireless network set up on. Still, I am having difficulties in getting
    documents to print from the laptop.
    Can you help?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVzbGllIFVuZGVyd29vZA==?=, Oct 16, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcm1hbiBXLg==?=

    Michael T Guest

    ASSUMING WINDOWS XP
    -------------------------------
    In NIS, if you click Personal Firewall (link) > Configure (button) >
    Networking (tab) you should see a Network Address for Trusted Zones.

    This address should contain an IP address and a Subnet Mask.

    If you go to the workstation (computer) where the printer is connected and
    go to the Command Prompt (start>run>cmd) you can check this from the command
    prompt window.

    Type ipconfig /all

    The display should show:
    IP Address
    and
    Subnet Mask

    Do these match the settings in NIS?

    Next go to Start > Printers and Faxes
    Right click the default printer and select Properties
    Select the "Sharing" tab and make sure the radio button for "Share the
    printer" is selected.

    Michael

    "Leslie Underwood" <Leslie > wrote in
    message news:...

    Michael T, Oct 17, 2005
  6. Micheal T;

    It took me a while to get it to work but I finally stumbled across the
    correct configuration. It was not what I had expected.

    Either way, I am connected and I thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVzbGllIFVuZGVyd29vZA==?=, Oct 18, 2005