    other?

    tia
    Dennis Meissner
    dennis, Nov 14, 2003

  2. dennis

    Chet Guest

    Do they need color? if not, recommend laser which would be cheaper to
    operate with that kind of print volume.
    "dennis" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > I have a client I am trying to figure out what kind of printer to

    reccomend.
    > They will probably be printing about 1000 pages a month and photo quality
    > isn't a concern. I will also probably share the printer between 2 or

    three

    Chet, Nov 15, 2003

  3. dennis

    Hoffman Guest

    The HP Business inkjets are a good choice. For inkjets, they are reasonable
    to operate and solidly built. The 1100D would be a good choice.
    A laser would, as Chet mentioned, be less expensive to run if they don't
    require colour printing.
    Larry

    Hoffman, Nov 15, 2003
  4. dennis

    Thor Guest

    Go laser if he's printing that much. Inkjet would be a waste of money for
    that kind of volume.

    Thor, Nov 15, 2003
  5. >From: "dennis"
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    >Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:37:31 -0800

    >Hello all,
    >I have a client I am trying to figure out what kind of printer to reccomend.
    >They will probably be printing about 1000 pages a month and photo quality
    >isn't a concern. I will also probably share the printer between 2 or three
    >users.
    >
    >what I would like to see is:
    >
    >>20ppm in b/w

    >seperate ink tanks
    >fairly large paper tray like maybe 100 - 200 sheets
    >duplex printing
    >
    >right now I am leaning toward the HP1100D. Any comments on this one or
    >other?
    >
    >tia
    >Dennis Meissner

    hp LaserJet 3300mfp
    • 15 ppm black
    • monthly volume: 10,000 pages
    • Color, flatbed and sheetfed scanner (sheetfed optional on 3300mfp)
    • adf: Standard, 50 sheets (optional on 3300mfp)
    A LaserJet mfp providing reliable printing, copying, color scanning, and
    faxing (3330 mfp only).

    $500.

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
    - -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -
    --
    Necessity is the Mother of invention.

    I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.
    caveat lector - reader beware, Nov 15, 2003
  6. >From: pAmNot ( caveat lector - reader beware)
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    >Date: 15 Nov 2003 08:46:57 GMT

    > hp LaserJet 3300mfp
    >• 15 ppm black
    >• monthly volume: 10,000 pages

    Oh yeah! I'll toss this in.

    "http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=869881"

    Item # 869881
    Manufacturer #
    manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    model name C7115X
    color black
    quantity 1
    print technology laser
    maximum yield 3,500 pages
    type toner cartridge
    remanufactured no
    minority vendor n/a
    869881
    Reg. Price: $111.00 / Discounted: $81.99

    So, if your client needs 1,000 pages/month, this one will last 3 months and
    client will spend about $400/year on toner.

    Paper:
    Item Number // List Price // Our Price // Units // Availability ///
    251668 // $84.99 // $38.54 // case // In Stock ///
    Hewlett-Packard Multipurpose Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", 20 Lb., 92 Brightness, Case
    Of 10 Reams (500 pages per ream = 5,000 pages per case)

    Figuring a case every 6-months at $43 per case, so $85 per year.

    So, the machine will use about, $500 in consumables per year. Averaging
    $.05/page (rounded up)

    They may be able to cust costs, and
    I advise all customers to consider the local print shops for things, like
    forms, where they will need quantities of 1,000+.

    An order of 10,000 can be a bargain.

    caveat lector - reader beware, Nov 15, 2003