    HP 7350 or 935
    or other selections for other printers.

    Thanks in advance

    THE WATCHER, Jul 30, 2003

  2. On 30 Jul 2003 13:23:28 GMT, (THE WATCHER) wrote:

    >I am new to digital photography and would like to know what is the best of the
    >printers listed:
    >
    >Epson 1280/1290, C82
    >HP 7350 or 935
    >or other selections for other printers.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    THe Pro's use Epson but they are no cheap to run, I would not touch a HP with
    a barge pole.

    Greg Townsend, Jul 30, 2003

  3. "THE WATCHER" <> wrote in message
    > I am new to digital photography and would like to know what is the best of

    the
    > printers listed:
    >
    > Epson 1280/1290, C82
    > HP 7350 or 935
    > or other selections for other printers.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Which? Magazine reckons the Canon i950 is best for photo printing - I have
    an S600 which is pretty good

    Rgds

    Mike
    http://www.f1studios.co.uk

    Mike Hutchinson, Jul 30, 2003
  4. "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > On 30 Jul 2003 13:23:28 GMT, (THE WATCHER) wrote:
    >
    > >I am new to digital photography and would like to know what is the best

    of the
    > >printers listed:
    > >
    > >Epson 1280/1290, C82
    > >HP 7350 or 935
    > >or other selections for other printers.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance

    > THe Pro's use Epson but they are no cheap to run, I would not touch a HP

    with
    > a barge pole.

    Epsons have a tendency for printhead clogging, especially if they aren't
    used for a few days. HPs clog much less often, and they do a better job of
    text printing. I don't have space for two printers, and I'm happy with the
    photos from my HP. What paper you use makes a big difference. The worst
    results I've had were with Epson paper, but Kodak, HP, and InventIt paper
    have worked well. Even Staples' brand paper has been OK for
    not-so-important Uses. I used to refill my HP cartridges, but stopped when
    I began to make photo prints.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 30, 2003
  5. THE WATCHER

    Ian Burley Guest

    The latest batch of HPs with 4800dpi capability and Photoret IV are actually
    now on a par with Canon and Epson photo ink-jets.

    But you are evidence of HP's lingering poor PR caused by the previous
    generation of printers. Mud sticks, but HP does deserve better now.

    Ian

    --
    Digital Photography Now
    UK-based digital photo Web magazine

    Ian Burley, Jul 30, 2003
  6. THE WATCHER

    misifus Guest

    Ian Burley wrote:

    >The latest batch of HPs with 4800dpi capability and Photoret IV are actually
    >now on a par with Canon and Epson photo ink-jets.
    >
    >But you are evidence of HP's lingering poor PR caused by the previous
    >generation of printers. Mud sticks, but HP does deserve better now.
    >
    >Ian

    Of which speaking (mud sticking), earlier Epsons had quite a bit of
    trouble with clogged nozzles, but neither my 1270 nor my 1280 has given
    me any trouble in that regard, even after leaving the 1280 unused for
    three weeks while I was on a trip.

    -Ralph

    --
    Misifus-